lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2023, 03:58 AM   #11
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart goes, slows down, foot off pedal goes again

The cart gets up to speed, the controller see's no signal from the speed sensor and cuts back the speed to between 6-8 mph. take your foot off the pedal and back on again it will do the same repeatedly. I see it a lot on our Precedent fleets and assume similar on the DS models.

If it is set up the same as ours, Turn the cart on and push it a few feet, The Precedent models will start to drag and bleep at you if the speed sensor is good, If it is not, the cart will continue to roll freely with no warning bleeps. Again I assume the DS models work similarly.

Sometimes the speed sensor is unplugged, sometimes the plug is not making good contact, Most times it is either a faulty sensor or a cracked magnet.

See this post for details.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=68248

EDIT.
A welded solenoid may also give the same symptoms if your speed sensor is good, as the controller will limit the speed here too.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2023, 07:37 AM   #12
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Cart goes, slows down, foot off pedal goes again

Thanks! Duh I forgot to do that test! I know my other DS beeps when pushed, only difference is a GE motor vs the Newer one. Thanks for getting me on the right track. Got a few things to check tonight now!!
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 05:16 PM   #13
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok update: Checked the pedal and found a screw in it, (see pics) this wasn’t my cart to start with, I removed screw but havent been able to test after, as removed speed sensor. Probably need to leave screw in there lol. Also did the speed sensor push test and not braking or beeping. Have a new speed sensor on order.

Old 03-20-2023, 06:03 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That’s certainly a new way to fix the pedal slop

Technically that part is replaceable but it can be a bit of a hassle. Lots easier zip tying on a piece of fuel line and calling it a day lol.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:22 PM   #15
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
That’s certainly a new way to fix the pedal slop

Technically that part is replaceable but it can be a bit of a hassle. Lots easier zip tying on a piece of fuel line and calling it a day lol.

Lol I hear ya! I’ll put a newer not rusted screw in and call it a day. Hopefully the speed sensor fixes it when it arrives.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:47 PM   #16
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well things are worse now. Changed out speed sensor and now it won’t move at all, forward or reverse. But the positive is the speed sensor test beeps now when it is pushed.

I’m thinking it’s the solenoid as only hear a click from the mcor and nothing from the solenoid. Am I on the right track? Or
what wires and how to test at this point? Help! Lol

Thanks
Old 03-21-2023, 06:44 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Check the 2 small terminals on the solenoid. Put your meter black probe on one terminal and red probe on the other small terminal.

It should show 0v when off. It should show 48v when you depress the pedal
Old 03-21-2023, 07:08 PM   #18
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Got 0 all the time, pedal pressed or not, in run mode key on. I did this with the blue wires off, that may have been wrong.

Anyway I ordered an upgraded solenoid from Revolution as I may need or upgrade a controller soon, so figured spend a tad more now but who knows
Old 03-21-2023, 07:29 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If you don’t have pack voltage between the two small terminals it will not work. Something is wrong with the activation side of the circuit going to the solenoid. It’s not being told to turn on.

Need to see which is missing. Either the pack + side or the pack - side. Then check the wiring diagram in the stickies here and follow it down to what’s missing.

OBC can also lock out the controller to the solenoid. Try disconnecting the pack negative for 10 minutes to reset the OBC.

Important… DO ALL TESTING WITH THEC REAR WHEELS ON JACK STANDS. If that sucker decides to start working due to a lose connection or something it’ll become a big problem fast.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:35 PM   #20
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

I took the OBC out and by passed it ( jumped blue and white wire together). Have pack negative to controller and pack positive to solenoid. Cart ran like I said in original post, and now nothing after speed sensor. But like I said speed sensor now works with push test.

Urghh! I’m confused now! Cart moved before **** it!!

Maybe I screwed up as cart had sat dead for awhile I think with OBC in it, when I restored I just removed it and by passed it. But cart did want to run but was cutting out and jumpy like I said in original post.

Does activation side have to do with the MCOR at all? I hate wiring diagrams! Lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car