lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2023, 06:56 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Cheap lithium option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman24 View Post
I wouldn't consider that cheap, considering you need at least two if not 3, but that is my opinion. I'm also on the look out for Lithium as that's my next move as well.
With allied or eco or pretty much anyone else you’re looking minimum $2k because you NEED at least 60aH with a 1C rating. A 60aH Allied would be rated for 60 amps continuous, and 90 amps for 30 seconds. Not sure about Eco…

These batteries appear to have about a 6C rating, with a 27aH battery being rated 150 amps continuous and 500 amps peak. A stock or even mildly upgraded cart would be able to run perfectly fine on just one battery @ $850 (which is why I said cheap). You just won’t get a ton of range out of it unless you added an extra battery or two. But for a lot of people 8-12 mile range is perfectly adequate.

Everybody’s use case is different.

Again, I know nothing about this brand. They may be completely inflating their specs but it appears the price seems to be reasonable for what you get
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2023, 06:58 PM   #12
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
With allied or eco or pretty much anyone else you’re looking minimum $2k because you NEED at least 60aH with a 1C rating. A 60aH Allied would be rated for 60 amps continuous, and 90 amps for 30 seconds. Not sure about Eco…

These batteries appear to have about a 6C rating, with a 27aH battery being rated 150 amps continuous and 500 amps peak. A stock or even mildly upgraded cart would be able to run perfectly fine on just one battery @ $850 (which is why I said cheap). You just won’t get a ton of range out of it unless you added an extra battery or two. But for a lot of people 8-12 mile range is perfectly adequate.

Everybody’s use case is different.

Again, I know nothing about this brand. They may be completely inflating their specs but it appears the price seems to be reasonable for what you get

Yup, i get it!! My buddy uses them for trolling motor battery and they work great so far. Ive been eyeing them, but was thinking i need 2
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:21 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman24 View Post
Yup, i get it!! My buddy uses them for trolling motor battery and they work great so far. Ive been eyeing them, but was thinking i need 2
Sorry just realized there were like 3 replies while I typed that

That’s definitely a benefit to a park like this and the allied (which is why I went with allied). You can always add more batteries if you decide you need more range. I ran 2 allieds for a year at 60aH. I ended up buying a 3rd for 90aH. I wasn’t necessarily looking for range, however. I was fine with 30 miles. I was looking for the additional discharge capacity, primarily for cold weather. We like to ride in the snow and the 60aH pack did okay but I know we were pushing the limits. Much happier with the extra battery.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car