lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2023, 03:48 PM   #1
Makz06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EzGo TXT 36v to 48v conversion

The old 2001 Series cart will get a complete organ transplant next weekend if all goes well. The 105ah lithium ion Eco Battery arrived today and if UPS doesn’t drop the ball I’ll have the conversion kit from ScottyB at Carts Unlimited next Wed.
Batteries went belly-up so I figured now was a good time to bite the bullet and go for the increased speed I’ve been wanting. Pulled the old batteries out this morning, but not going to start disassembly of anything else until I receive and can read over the conversion/install documentation. The battery, charger, and converter wiring and install look like it should be pretty straightforward. Will have to wait to see where the new solenoid and controller go/fit before I figure out where the charger and converter need to be mounted. I’m not sure why they sent the battery frame/tray… Battery will fit fine in the existing space.
Hopefully all will go smoothly and I won’t be posting or emailing a bunch of stupid questions.

Makz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2023, 04:07 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EzGo TXT 36v to 48v conversion

Nice - 1st class
That should power the TXT48 conversion exceptionally well.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:27 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Try not to do wheelies ALL the time!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:29 PM   #4
Makz06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Try not to do wheelies ALL the time!
I can only hope
Old 03-19-2023, 05:25 PM   #5
Makz06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I’m trying to get a head start on my 36-48v conversion and understand the 12v lights wiring…. I’m was assuming this is not a factory installed setup for the turn signals and brake lights. But I do not know if headlights and tail lights were standard…or what wires/harness may have already been in place. However, I found this wiring diagram on the site and it appears to match with the installed fuse block and wires I’m seeing. So maybe it is factory? https://buggiesgonewild.com/attachme...0&d=1474747292
It has a VSM 900 turn signal assembly.

The wiring harness is labeled T. M. Morris Mfr.

The green wire from that harness was attached to one of the battery terminals and ran back to the fuse block. A red positive cable from that same harness went to the first battery pos terminal.

The other three wires on the fuse block come out of that same wiring harness.
This is the connector from the turn signal found behind the dash:

Was all or part of this a factory install?
Will the green and red wires be connected to the 12v converter that came with the battery kit and that should be all that’s necessary for the headlights, brake lights, turn signal and horn to function?
Thanks for any help.
Old 03-19-2023, 08:43 PM   #6
Makz06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I found my answer here in this thread:
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=188701
For some reason I wasn’t thinking the lights were factory installed….
Old 03-20-2023, 08:40 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Fuse block is factory but don’t think the turn signals are.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 12:33 PM   #8
Makz06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Fuse block is factory but don’t think the turn signals are.
Thank you.
Old 03-22-2023, 12:35 PM   #9
Makz06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Conversion kit arrived. Looks like the fun will begin this weekend.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:35 PM   #10
Makz06
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Complete and running well. Was never worried about getting it running but was initially concerned I would be chasing wiring issues with the headlights, turn signals and brake lights. Surprisingly enough I didn’t have any problems getting those working either.
Before the conversion it would hit 17mph with my wife and I on board if I had a long flat straightaway, but would slow to an embarrassing crawl on any kind of small incline. First run with just me hit 26mph and it has more torque so I’ve achieved my goal.
I did have a scare before I had wired or hooked up the 12v stuff or even the charger when I first powered-up and it appeared dead…. I had temporarily hooked up the backup beeper and didn’t even get a sound from it. I had not yet charged the battery which was on 35% since I just wanted to see if the motor would turn…. I went ahead and hooked-up and plugged-in the charger while I went in to contemplate what could be wrong. Went back out a while later and tried one more time when it was over 50% and it worked! Odd, should function fine at 35% and the voltage showed over 51…. Now I’m wondering if it will die again by 35%? Sure shouldn’t.
Increase in speed is very noticeable if only because it now feels like I wouldn’t want to go any faster… Very squirrely or feeling like it wanders. Not anything I noticed at the prior lower speeds. I need to check the alignment now. Maybe I’ll be lucky and that’s all it needs.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO