lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2023, 04:07 PM   #1
prt328
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart locking up

I have read a number of posts on multiple forums about the brakes locking up if the cart loses power. Most blame lithium batteries. Keep in mind that it can happen with other batteries as well due to a bad connection, etc. The serious issue here a brakes suddenly locking up which creates a SERIOUS safety issue. I am encouraging everyone to immediately submit a report to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. It worked for Yamaha. The more they get, the faster they investigate.
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2022/Ya...h-Recall-Alert
prt328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2023, 06:33 PM   #2
staffcurtis
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart locking up

If you already have the cart and are worried about your cart locking up, the Navitas controller for $1000 should solve your problems. It has a current limiting function which will not exceed your lithium batteries BMS whether driving or in regen. This is the only electrical solution I've seen that would work. I plan on buying one so I can run 72v for even more speed. They don't make one for a 2022 or newer cart yet.
staffcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon