lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2023, 07:52 PM   #1
JoeMX82
Not Yet Wild

Default Allsports 6” long travel review after 200+ hard off-road miles

I purchased the 6” long travel from allsports back in December and have been beating the hell out of since. Honestly, the build quality, shipping, customer service and performance have all been so good I wanted to make a quick video detailing some of the questions I had when buying and was not able to answer, like how wide is the stance, how pushed out is the wheel base, will my winch setup work, can it handle serious abuse? If you are considering perhaps the video below will give you some answers. Only negative I have is turning radius but that is even worse with other kits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mKb9mehlqk
JoeMX82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2023, 09:29 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Allsports 6” long travel review after 200+ hard off-road miles

So where's the review I was expecting a written review.

I watched the video. Not much different than most lift kits as far as quality, yeah that turning circle is terrible. My atv front suspension has like a 12 foot circle. I've used several of the Jakes LT kits, they are much different and are modeled off of atv suspensions. The Jakes turning circle is not much better than yours, pretty wide. None of the cheaper golf cart lifts will hold up to years of off road abuse like you talk about, jumping and catching air, etc. Something will break or bend in the long run. I ran mine for 8-10 years without one failure, but again it was a factory Yamaha atv front setup made for off roading. Just be careful using that golf cart like a side by side, they can be dangerous with the high center of gravity, and if a spindle breaks off at speed can be deadly. The rear leafs are the same for all carts, very stiff, not much travel, bend easily, they are very cheap material. You can find good springs that don't bend, but they ride like a dump truck. Switching to a 4 link with coil overs will do the trick for sure, although not an easy project. I've seen some pretty good ones on the forum. One thing you lose with a softer ride is the ability to carry weight, you just can't have both, unless you use adjustable air bags or air shocks with an on board compressor, but again not an easy thing to just swap in there. I've seen where guys have used a single leaf with air bags and compressor, that softened the ride, but I'd suspect the single leaf is not strong enough to hold up under abuse. 4 link is much better.

Good video though
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:15 AM   #3
68Vette
Not Yet Wild

I think the OP nailed it when he said the rear of the cart needs help in the suspension area and the first reply offered some suggestions. All the lift kits I've seen address the front with better coils or transverse leafs but leave the rear basically stock except for a lift bracket. Thanks for the video and comments. Cheers
68Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:48 AM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

i like that pistol cup holder
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts