lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2023, 10:34 PM   #11
kevin588127
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 ezgo txt 36v running on 48

Here is an update. I ended up finding a company called gigali battery. They're one of many Chinese companies offering a reasonably priced lifepo4 battery. They ended up sending me a pack to test on my cart. It is a 51v 105ah pack. Their current offering is supposed to do 250a continuous but the one they sent me is only supposed to be good for 150. I've been playing with it and it is pretty decent.

I ran the initial test with no current limiting through the controller. Cart runs 23 mph and pulls hills like never before. Under the right circumstances, it wheelies. No BMS issues.

I decided to do some data logging and found that the cart will briefly hit 250a when climbing hills. I decided to limit the battery current through the controller to 200a. This of course slowed the cart on hill climbs but it still goes great and should extend range a bit.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with this setup. I'll probably end up springing for one of their newer packs.
kevin588127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2023, 06:40 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Just a couple of questions that pop into my head as I read your post.

#1--The "test pack"...was if free? Do you have to return it?
#2--What do you consider "reasonable price"?
#3--If you're happy with this pack, why would you want to get a "newer" pack ?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:42 AM   #13
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also how long have you been testing it and what kind of terrain environment have you been using it in?
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:52 AM   #14
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Just a couple of questions that pop into my head as I read your post.

#1--The "test pack"...was if free? Do you have to return it?
#2--What do you consider "reasonable price"?
#3--If you're happy with this pack, why would you want to get a "newer" pack ?
Its possible it was either given or sold at a large discount in exchange for favorable publicity. Ive had companies message me on forums and offer to send me free products for such reasons. Not necessarily a bad thing if the manufacturer has enough confidence in their product to do so but folks tend to be biased in these situations if thats the case.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:20 AM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Its possible it was either given or sold at a large discount in exchange for favorable publicity. Ive had companies message me on forums and offer to send me free products for such reasons. Not necessarily a bad thing if the manufacturer has enough confidence in their product to do so but folks tend to be biased in these situations if thats the case.
Yes. I understand that. I "posed" my questions to understand if that was the case. And if the OP is happy with the test pack, maybe he had the option of just buying it, or perhaps he wanted more AH. (You know.....MORE POWER!!)
Old 03-20-2023, 11:20 AM   #16
kevin588127
Not Yet Wild

I was talking with them about specs. They directed me to one of their techs in NY. He offered to send me a pack for me to test. No payment was made and no discussions on me giving any reviews. I will not be anything other than honest if I do get asked for a review. My suspicion is that I am using the cart it something other than a normal condition and they would like to see how it holds up. The pack was also damaged in shipping but it is just slight damage to the corner of the case. If they want it back, I'll send it back to them and buy their newer pack. If not, I'll keep it and run it.

I was quoted $1600 shipped when I originally spoke with them. This bridges the gap between the 12v packs on Amazon and the higher end offerings from bolt or EB.

Weather has been crappy so I've only been able to test it on my driveway which is about 300' long, gravel and all hill. Ran a few miles down the county highway which is rolling hills. So far it seems like it is going to do what I need it to do. Once things dry out around here, I'll be able to get it off road and try some bigger climbs.
Old 03-20-2023, 11:28 AM   #17
kevin588127
Not Yet Wild

Couple other quick notes. I've only had the pack for a week. I'm hoping I can keep it most of the summer as that will let me really see what it is made of. I also plan on cracking it open so I can see the workmanship. I'll try to keep updates going here for those that may be interested.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:05 PM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Using for the summer......"Good thing". Cracking it open..."Man...I dunno..??)

Thank you for the information. That's helpful. What part of the country are you located? What state? That may also be helpful!!
Old 03-20-2023, 02:22 PM   #19
kevin588127
Not Yet Wild

I am in Iowa. Temps are just getting warm enough to venture outside. This pack looks identical to a roypow on the outside. The lid is held in place by screws and should give me a good look at the guts. I'm kinda waiting to see how it really performs and what they intend to do with it before I go ripping into it. The communication with them has been pretty good. I don't know that I would trust their 5 year warranty but I don't really trust anyone's 5+ year warranty. That is why something in this price point is appealing to me. If it craps out in a few years, move on to the next latest greatest technology.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!