lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2023, 08:05 AM   #1
Rkipker1
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo txt fleet lithium battery

I was gifted a Samsung sdi battery from a 2017 lithium cart. The bms shuts the battery down every 10 minutes. Looking for troubleshooting tips.
Rkipker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2023, 04:07 PM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Ezgo txt fleet lithium battery

You will need to determine if the shutdown is because the BMS is sensing a fault condition or if the BMS itself is faulty. Do you have a multimeter and can you check cell voltages? Post them here if you can.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:41 AM   #3
Rkipker1
Not Yet Wild

Each pack has a voltage of 54.84. Voltage at the BMS outputs are 53.5. Cart ran fine for exactly 10 minutes then shut down. Just setting idle, cart would shut down at exactly 10 minutes.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:44 AM   #4
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkipker1 View Post
Each pack has a voltage of 54.84. Voltage at the BMS outputs are 53.5. Cart ran fine for exactly 10 minutes then shut down. Just setting idle, cart would shut down at exactly 10 minutes.
sounds like a possible overtemp or similiar situation.. with a delay set to kick in at 10 minutes.. is there any way to communicate with the bms to see whats going on?
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 09:04 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It must be a 16 cell Life given the voltage. (if that's fully charged) It has to be a BMS issue. I do not know anything about their BMS and how it interacts with the rest of the EzGo cart. Should be a good battery though.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 11:10 AM   #6
Rkipker1
Not Yet Wild

I was thinking it was a bms problem. The cart is long gone. It was a trade in. We threw a rowpow battery and a navitas controller in it and it sold fast. Not sure where to start looking for a Bms, google search didn’t yield much. I have no way to test the bms.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:01 PM   #7
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yea, I would just replace the BMS and be done with it. At 54.8v, chances are very high that the cells are good. BMS’s are a dime a dozen on AliExpress. That’s where I get mine from, but you really need to determine the cell type and count. Can you post a photo of the BMS, the cells and if possible, can you measure the cell voltage.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:53 AM   #8
Rkipker1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Yea, I would just replace the BMS and be done with it. At 54.8v, chances are very high that the cells are good. BMS’s are a dime a dozen on AliExpress. That’s where I get mine from, but you really need to determine the cell type and count. Can you post a photo of the BMS, the cells and if possible, can you measure the cell voltage.
The battery is a Samsung lion 2- 30 amp hour packs in parallel. I believe it has a main BMS and each pack has a slave BMS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B97305A7-3C1A-4513-AF0C-8AA74525E34A.jpg (188.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C60BDE92-47A3-4A3D-A076-037FE4338B1B.jpg (131.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 00C33BEE-6C99-499D-A7E7-9F89027A979D.jpg (266.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-01-2023, 04:04 PM   #9
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

It will be very difficult to have a single BMS with those packs but you can have a BMS on each pack. You will need access to a voltage tap at each cell bank. It’s hard to see from your photos. Can you post images of the BMS? Can you remove the BMS from its mounting as the voltage taps should be there.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:51 AM   #10
Rkipker1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
It will be very difficult to have a single BMS with those packs but you can have a BMS on each pack. You will need access to a voltage tap at each cell bank. It’s hard to see from your photos. Can you post images of the BMS? Can you remove the BMS from its mounting as the voltage taps should be there.
. Here are the pictures of the battery packs and BMS.

Tags
samsung sdi
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO