lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2022, 12:53 AM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default 48 volt charger and controller plus solenoid

I traded some ezgo parts for these parts last week. The man didn't know what model Yamaha his cart was. He was just stripping parts from it because he didn't want to pay $1200 for new batteries. He swears everything works . I know him and he wouldn't have a reason to not tell me the truth.
I got four 12 volt batteries I can test the charger but now way to test controller. . Here are a few pictures of things . I forgot to take a picture of the controller but I do remember it was a 350 amp. I will get that picture tomorrow plus a picture of the charger ends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yamaha charger 48 volt.jpg (142.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Yamaha model number for charger.jpg (174.4 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2022, 01:57 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48 volt charger and controller plus solenoid

I have that exact same charger in my service van LOL. It was a left over from an old golf course fleet where i used to work. I also have no idea what model cart it came from! but I converted it to non sensing so i could bring an over discharged pack back to life to kick its own charger on. I actually use it a lot as I am sure you are aware, golf course carts get abused and discharged regularly.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 08:52 AM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I have that exact same charger in my service van LOL. It was a left over from an old golf course fleet where i used to work. I also have no idea what model cart it came from! but I converted it to non sensing so i could bring an over discharged pack back to life to kick its own charger on. I actually use it a lot as I am sure you are aware, golf course carts get abused and discharged regularly.
We never used electric carts at the course I worked at so I am sort of new to the sparky world. Never too late to learn though.
I was thinking about converting my 2007 PDS cart to 48 volt and this charger if it works would come in handy.
A report coming later on whether it works or not. Its cold this week so I may take off as my shop has no heat
Old 11-14-2022, 08:54 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
We never used electric carts at the course I worked at so I am sort of new to the sparky world. Never too late to learn though.
I was thinking about converting my 2007 PDS cart to 48 volt and this charger if it works would come in handy.
A report coming later on whether it works or not. Its cold this week so I may take off as my shop has no heat
Should have bid higher on that stove you saw at auction a couple of years ago
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 11:59 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Should have bid higher on that stove you saw at auction a couple of years ago
I know but my cheapness comes back and gets me once in a while. Plus >
I didn't want to go back to cutting firewood and I am sure not buying any
I got my natural gas turned back on today so I can now stay warm for the winter.
Now here are the pictures of the charger connection plus controller.
Hope the charger works. I will know soon and report back. My bet is the controller is also good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Another picture of charger plug in.jpg (139.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Yamaha controller.jpg (417.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2023, 12:20 AM   #6
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Wrong part of forum again . Maybe things will be better when I get some much needed sleep.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha