lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2023, 10:17 AM   #201
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fully Independent Suspension Build

I got the steering box yesterday. Looks promising so far. I’ll post pictures and results later today hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marathon Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2023, 04:00 PM   #202
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

That just looks so much more right to me. This change should lower my anti-squat by 40-50% from about 110 to 60. So this should make the rear more plush and should make the cycling of the suspension in the rear more sensitive to bumps and acceleration, allowing me to get more travel out of the shocks. From what I understand I’m effectively reducing the mechanical leverage of the 4 link so that the shock does more work.

When I originally calculated the link lengths and mounting points I used rock crawler values for the anti-squat and steered toward equal length link dimensions, but what I didn’t realize is that what I am really after is more of a desert racer type feel when at speed so that I can soak up the bumps and smoothen out the ride.

Old 02-24-2023, 04:03 PM   #203
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here’s a mock up of the new steering box and factory Honda length steering rods. I think this is going to work out much better. Wish me luck.

Old 02-25-2023, 07:58 AM   #204
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Have at it!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 11:21 AM   #205
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Matt View Post
That just looks so much more right to me. This change should lower my anti-squat by 40-50% from about 110 to 60. So this should make the rear more plush and should make the cycling of the suspension in the rear more sensitive to bumps and acceleration, allowing me to get more travel out of the shocks. From what I understand I’m effectively reducing the mechanical leverage of the 4 link so that the shock does more work.

When I originally calculated the link lengths and mounting points I used rock crawler values for the anti-squat and steered toward equal length link dimensions, but what I didn’t realize is that what I am really after is more of a desert racer type feel when at speed so that I can soak up the bumps and smoothen out the ride.

Nice man, looks good.
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 06:12 PM   #206
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Now I understand what you are going for with that steering. It's more clear in these photos, how the inner tie rods attach to the new steering gear. I'm betting you'll see an improvement. Look forward to the test ride report.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 08:15 PM   #207
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

Reworked the rear links again. Hoping this will be the last time. The roll axis angle and anti-squat came out to really good numbers using this geometry.

I’ve gotten one of the used FOA 2.0 shocks rebuilt and re-valved to where I think it’s going to work well. Used the spring rate calculator on their website and I determined I will need 100lb/inch spring rate if I mount them behind the axle. Which is their lowest rate spring they offer. Hopefully that works out. They’re 6” travel shocks but I’m a custom body, so if the travel isn’t what I want I can always go to an 8” travel shock and have the same dimensions. I bought these used off eBay and they were custom made for a RZR800S. I didn’t know what I was really buying at the time. Just guessing as usual.

I also determined that my Trojan batteries have given up the ghost so I’m looking for a good Lithium option which is going to lighten the cart up a couple hundred pounds. I have accounted for that in my shock calculations but need to do some actual corner weights to make sure I’m going to end up with the correct spring rates and shock mount locations.

This project has mushroomed out of control. It always seems so much easier when you start than when you get knee deep into the details.

I’m still not giving up yet though. Just gotta keep chugging. Eventually it will pay off, I hope.

Old 02-26-2023, 08:16 PM   #208
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

More

Old 02-26-2023, 08:16 PM   #209
Marathon Matt
Gone Wild

Club Car

And one more

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts