lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2021, 08:26 PM   #11
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need 2000 EZGO txt Steering Part

Well. The saga begins. Today, cut all extraneous brackets off the steering.
Ordered....
Toyota Momo 6 bolt steering wheel adaptor. Allows used of my steering wheel on the Prius stock steering splines.
Prius EPSA wiring ordered to connect the battery and ignition circuits to the ESC.
Yamaha chrome steering cover, which conveniently fits over the Toyota Prius steering column.
Recieved the EZGO steering pinion and magically is 3/4" in diameter--which allows for easy adapting to the lower Prius shaft.
Now have the ESC control unit, which is required.
Now if anyone has an EZGO 3 bolt (1994-2001 early) they don't need, make me an offer. I want to cut the 3 bolt flange off of it and weld on a Toyota flange. Don't care what it looks like. Only using a foot or so of the bottom third.
Decided to use the Prius steering unit in stock condition.
After learning about various EZGO txt 2001.5 and up, find that tacking on my Kaw 750 front suspension would not ha e worked on the newer EEZG with their front axle mounted rack and pinion.
Wish I had an old style frame mounted steering housing for mockup.
The only issue remains the unit being in from of the dash. That's just where it will be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2021, 10:20 PM   #12
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need 2000 EZGO txt Steering Part

Just posted a want ad for an early txt, 3 bolt steering column, shaft and old frame mounted steering box. None are to be used as replacement. Only for mockup.
Ugly is good.
If anyone has such and within about 100 miles of Charlotte, let me know. Or, shipping works too.
Don't care if the box is locked up or whatever. Just need the pinion surface intact.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps