lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2021, 12:41 PM   #61
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 24mm Experimental Carburetor

Those are the epoxied units. The butterfly 30 mm adjustable carb performance 670 is selling in their kit would probably work well. I doubt they would sell just the carb. Maybe someone here can identify what carb they are using. P.S. It looks like it might be the replacement carb for Kohler K321 and K341 engines. I think this is going to require further exploration for my VC 460. The original kohler carb was a walbro. It looks to be $150. The cheap china copy less than $20. I am considering buying the china copy to experiment with ? Wish Shepard was here for some expert advice
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2021, 07:20 PM   #62
88Chevys10
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Those are the epoxied units. The butterfly 30 mm adjustable carb performance 670 is selling in their kit would probably work well. I doubt they would sell just the carb. Maybe someone here can identify what carb they are using. P.S. It looks like it might be the replacement carb for Kohler K321 and K341 engines. I think this is going to require further exploration for my VC 460. The original kohler carb was a walbro. It looks to be $150. The cheap china copy less than $20. I am considering buying the china copy to experiment with ? Wish Shepard was here for some expert advice
Do you know if Shepard still drills out carbs to make them adjustable?
88Chevys10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 04:31 PM   #63
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump
Old 08-24-2021, 03:47 PM   #64
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I just thought I would add to Shepard's excellent fix to my ruined carb. I later cleaned up the area around where the chock was removed and port matched it to a Mikuni tube intake manifold I use as an air cleaner mount. I bolted the 2 items together and used the Sharpie trick to see what areas needed to be removed for a smooth transition. Shepard in another thread noted about using caution on the flat area along the bottom of the throat near the venturi as he removed so much that the carb leaked. The front edge does have where the bottom of the choke shaft resides so you have sort of a depth gauge here. There is a very large gain by this throat matching particularly if you are using the S/G and are able to remove the choke plate and shaft.
Old 10-01-2021, 08:35 PM   #65
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

An Idea Shepard and I had discussed for engines like the 625 or a 390-460 clone using a starter motor rather than the S/G for starting where a choke is usually needed. I had done on another type of engine removing the whole choke assembly and adding an enrichment circuit. So I know it does work. If like I am using an electric fuel pump with a separate line with a solenoid with a momentary on switch injecting a squirt of fuel into the carb throat and voila zoom zoom the the engine will fire. By my Ray math removing the choke and shaft and throating the carb results in like about 30% more air flow. So something like the 625 which is very carb restricted and space limited this might be a sort of simple solution to gain some nice power without the carb linkage and space considerations involved with changing to a Mikuni type carb. And again another consideration is with the adjustable main jet the clone carb is a LOT easier to dial in.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:19 PM   #66
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump for Nilles
Old 03-21-2022, 07:45 PM   #67
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump for Firedan
Old 05-08-2022, 07:06 PM   #68
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump
Old 08-06-2022, 04:08 PM   #69
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump
Old 10-10-2022, 04:54 PM   #70
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps