lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2023, 10:56 AM   #1
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Default Rebuilding a Cart for my Wife

In 2020, I ran across this cart and thought it would be a good cart for my wife. It was quickly shared with my then 7 year old son, and they both enjoyed it for several years running around on our property.

cc1.jpg

After 2 years of solid service, it started to leak oil pretty badly. I would have to make sure that it was topped off before they took it out. It was not burning oil, but had a horrible leak. It finally became such a pain, they stopped using it and it sat for about a year. I told my son that if he wanted to help me, we would rebuild the cart and freshen up the engine, along with some upgrades. The only caveat was that he had to help me every step of the way. He agreed, so we started the teardown.

cc2.jpg

I was very little help, other than handing tools and breaking loose the tight bolts. He did the majority of the work removing the engine unless it was just too much for him. After getting it unbolted, we liffted pulled it out of what was a very oily cradle.

cc3.jpg

cc4.jpg

He then got his hands really dirty and started cleaning up the engine.

cc5.jpg
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2023, 11:08 AM   #2
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rebuilding a Cart for my Wife

I wanted us to rebuild the engine, but with time so short with other projects, we decided to have that done. While it is in the shop getting rebuilt, we decided to give the old cart a little face lift. A good pressure wasing to get all of the crud and caked on oil was first on the list. We then grabbed several cans of Krylon Fusion and went to work. I helped with the prep, but he did the rest.
cc7.jpg

cc8.jpg

This will ultimately be for my wife, so we used her favorite color. Then, we bolted up some new tires and wheels. We will need to add another coat of paint before clearing, but it looks so much better.

cc9.jpg

Now, we just have to wait for the engine to be ready before putting it back in. We also have some other things we need to install when they arrive.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 01:12 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks like a nice little father/son project. It’s gonna look a lot better too. Nice job.
LukeL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 05:58 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Very nice work. Looks great so far!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:05 PM   #5
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Looks like you all are doing a great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!