lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Reinforcing rear-facing seat platform

All,

What would be the best way to reinforce the rear-facing seat step platform area? Best I can tell there are 3 supports holding it up (2-1" angle aluminum on each side and 1-1 1/4" receiver hitch in the middle). The supports are about 12-14" and appear to be welded to a 4" x 1/8" plate (approx.) that supports the bag will storage area. The issue I am having is this platform is bent downwards. It has been this way since I bought the cart. I am sure this is a combination of overloading the seat platform (when folded down) and people standing on the platform riding (facing forward) while riding the cart. It's bent enough that when the seat is folded down, the platform has more than a 1" lean from the hinge.

So, can this current seat setup be fixed by straightening the components involved out and reinforcing them or should am I going to have to start over with a new rear-facing seat setup?

As usual, thanks in advance for all of the great information you guys are sure to provide!

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reinforcing rear-facing seat platform

without seeing some pictures of the damage.....but considering what you have described, you should easily be able to fix what you have.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:05 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have a car jack of any kind, have the ability to weld and/or have a torch handy, then you can likely fix it... But like Sir Nuke said, pics would help a lot.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #4
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i'll definitely post some pics when I get home this evening. off the bat, I'm thinking i'll need to extend the existing supports to another anchor point but not sure where there is room under the cart. more importantly, should I replace them with steel (aluminum pieces) for added strength or should the aluminum suffice? I am sure this will all make sense with pics....more to come. thanks.

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #5
itsspeeds
Not Yet Wild

I replaced mine with steel 1 inch square tubbing and added two other supports that are angled out to the corners. I also drilled holes for the new supports through the bottom of the bumber and through the frame. I can stand and rock on it and it doesnt budge. I'm 290 Lbs.
itsspeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO