lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2021, 08:47 PM   #31
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2015 rxv controller no brake output

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
Correct. Actually got the negative at the charger port this time but same thing.
Then you should at the same time have the same voltage at the motor brake plug. I thought you were losing power there when switched on ?
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2021, 08:53 PM   #32
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Gotta get to bed. Coffee's on at 04:30 every morning.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:55 PM   #33
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
Then you should at the same time have the same voltage at the motor brake plug. I thought you were losing power there when switched on ?
Only when i read across the plug. If i take the meter lead to gound and read i have positive at the brake plug. So im missing the ground side.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:00 PM   #34
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Gotta get to bed. Coffee's on at 04:30 every morning.
I have tried another controller with the same problem. I have moved the plug over from #1,#2 to 3 and that does release the brake. But that leads me back to the controller not doing it.

I have tried to follow the wiring diagram posted but it looks like to me that both sides are getting +48 volts. So i know that isnt correct.

Where else could i be missing?
Old 06-30-2021, 06:05 PM   #35
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Lets back up and review. ( Make sure motor brake is plugged up, 1 is plugged to 2, and cart is switched on , Tow/Run to Run ) We know you have power going to the keyswitch on the yellow wire. We know that when switched on the keyswitch is sending power to the "gang of 6 red wires" sonic weld in the harness. We know that 48 volts is leaving that sonic weld and going through the brake switch to the motor brake. Have you back probed pin 1 to ascertain that 48 volts is going to the controller when switched on ? Have you also back probed the red wire at the throttle switch to ascertain that 48 volts is being delivered to throttle switch when switched on ? Each of these is fed from that sonic weld connection and all should read pack voltage on VOM when switched on. If any of these are lacking power when the cart is switched on, it won't pass the self test on startup. IF it finds a problem on self test, it will disable run. That will take away ground from the motor brake on pin 5 and NOT release the brake. Each of these back probes looking for 48 volts on red wires should be done with Negative lead of VOM connected to pack negative. Reading across the unplugged pins of the motor brake will only tell you that no ground is being supplied to the brake from the controller, likely because it found a problem on self test and took away that ground as a result. I think the next reasonable step is to check for 48v on pin one to the controller, and red pin at throttle switch with switch on. Already confirmed 48v to brake.
Old 06-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #36
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

I have tried to follow the wiring diagram posted but it looks like to me that both sides are getting +48 volts. So i know that isn't correct.
Pin 5 is the "Low Side Driver" for the park brake. The controller releases the brake by supplying ground on pin 5, but only after self test finds everything in order. The controller locks the brake by applying 48 volts to both sides of it so it can't release.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:23 AM   #37
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Pin 5 is the "Low Side Driver" for the park brake. The controller releases the brake by supplying ground on pin 5, but only after self test finds everything in order. The controller locks the brake by applying 48 volts to both sides of it so it can't release.
That makes sense.

Let me do some more testing above today.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:16 PM   #38
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
That makes sense.

Let me do some more testing above today.
If I were up in the middle of North Carolina and not a 70 yr old heart patient, currently outfitted with a heart monitor I'd come plug the diagnostics to it and see exactly what it's got going on. The handheld hasn't lied to me yet. I have to pace myself in the Palmetto midlands and stay out of the heat.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO