lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2021, 05:39 AM   #1
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Isolator - Missing.

2002 FE 290

The old one disintegrated. I need a new one. Are there specific installation requirements?
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2021, 05:53 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Isolator - Missing.

A 2002 should have a bolt-on snubber mount,
  1. Use a floor jack to lift the engine pan just enough so the snubber and mount are slightly elevated,
  2. unbolt the snubber mount, remove the old snubber, and install the new snubber, then reinstall the mount.
  3. lower and remove the floor jack, and you're good to go!

Top left corner of the pic... #11 is the mount, #14 is the snubber.

97+enginecradle.jpg

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:22 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Agree with lock man. That’s a 10 minute fix on the newer carts like that. For those I’d buy the $7 snubber on Amazon. Get it quick and when it goes bad in a year or two it’s another 7 bucks and 10 minutes.

If it was an older cart, the tang off the front of the cradle for the snubber doesn’t come off. Those are a really PITA to replace. Last one I had I didn’t go through the effort and used fairtax heater hose trick
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:42 PM   #4
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've also used energy suspension bump stop 9-9118g. Requires drilling a 3/8" hole, but haven't had to replace any of those a second time
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:57 AM   #5
Compeek
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I recently bought a 95 DS that was missing the snubber entirely, so I bought one of the yellow ones for $10 on Amazon. I didn't realize how much of an effort it was going to be to replace it since the reviews all said it was a 5 minute job. Apparently that's only on newer ones.

Nonetheless I was determined, and I got it done. I did more work than I probably needed to, but all said and done, it's really not that hard even on an older one with the welded tab/tang--maybe a little time consuming especially if you don't know really what you're doing (like I didn't).

I think the gist of it is that I put the golf on 4 jack stands, used a floor jack to support the front of the "inner frame" that the engine sits on, and then all I really had to do was loosen the u-bolts on the leaf springs enough (but not removing them) to get the inner frame and rear end off the pins on the leaf spring so I could slide them back a bit. I removed the rear shocks as well, but I'm not sure that was necessary. Then I put the snubber on and reversed the steps.
Compeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car