lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2021, 02:55 PM   #1
Theholdenz
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car pioneer 1200 gas

Grandson was driving it through some very tall grass and relatively deep water.

I replaced a broken wire and the solenoid it fixed it.

A few weeks later, same issue. Turn the key and nothing.
Battery is full

12.7 volts on tests on wires below

I put 3 different new solenoids on it and they all have power with key on to the main post, turned to start and the little post gets power. There was a little wire between both small posts with a diode, put that back on and both small ones get power, but the second large one still doesn't show power going through it.

If I cross both top posts or starts right up. I don't know what I'm missing, but any help would be appreciated.
Theholdenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2021, 02:59 PM   #2
Theholdenz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car pioneer 1200 gas

I seem to have an extra red ground wire on the side with 2 white wires making a total of 3 for that side, but it is definitely a ground wire. 5 red wires on the other side.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:20 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not sure about the 1200 but I bet there is a switch in the throttle box. It may be bad due to the water..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:26 PM   #4
Theholdenz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Not sure about the 1200 but I bet there is a switch in the throttle box. It may be bad due to the water..
Any idea what the switch looks like? I see a larger metal box in the fuse box beside the solenoid with 1 bolt, but I can't see any wires going to it. There's also a metal box (with a resin looking filler) with a red and a white wire going to it on the frame before the box.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:35 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It would be a regular micro I believe. Find the linkage from the pedal and see where it goes.. switch will be in that box.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:55 PM   #6
Theholdenz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
It would be a regular micro I believe. Find the linkage from the pedal and see where it goes.. switch will be in that box.
Ah I know what you're referring to. This doesn't have one since it starts with the key not the pedal. When I turn the key to the start position it sends power to the solenoid small post, the power to that post is off once it returns back to the run or on position. But the starter doesn't start unless I cross the two big posts with a screw driver.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:35 PM   #7
Theholdenz
Not Yet Wild

Other ideas?
Old 06-16-2021, 10:07 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well I am not a guru on Club Car but sounds like it is missing the ground for the solenoid activation circuit.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:30 AM   #9
Theholdenz
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so trace the ground wire? If I put my multimeter on both large posts, it gives me 12.7 volts showing its grounding, one wire goes to a voltage regulator with 2 other wires, but I don't see a way to test that.

I found a micro switch, but since it's ignition controlled it only has 2 wires and they are grounds, I removed them, no difference, I spliced them together using clips and no difference.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:57 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The small leads get power and ground to activate the solenoid. Off there should be 12+ volts on the battery side of the solenoid and zero on the starter side. When activated it should close and have 12+ on both of the large posts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car