lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2021, 07:34 PM   #1
Eric J Poche sr
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring diagram for 2011 precedent gas

Hey everyone its been a while since I've been here but this is one most informative sites around. I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a 2011 precedent gas. I checked the stickies but I don't see anything or I over looked it. Helping a friend with his cart just stop on him would not do anything. He brought it to the repair shop the tech said the accelerator switch was bad the cart had gotten flooded a few weeks ago. Changed the accel/ pedal assembly cart worked for 2 days and crapped out again. So this is what I have done so far I traced the wiring and solenoid was not getting ground signal from accelerator pedal. I pulled the plug from the acc pedal switch to check if the connector was dirty or lose all seemed clean and tight. With connector off of a/p switch I put a jumper wire from a ground to the orange wire in connector and engine spun over and started I had the cam in the service mode. I then checked the blue wire in connector and had 12+ key on no voltage key off good. I then checked black wire which brings ground to acc. pedal switch I checked it for continuity to frame and battery ground 0 resistant so thats good. Checked continuity on the white which goes to ignition connector at the engine I unplugged connector at engine and continuity was good and no short to ground. Green wire goes to f/r lever switch that wire checked good also. I also started engine and jumped from black wire to the white wire engine killed removed jumper engine started that circuit is good. I kept the jumper from the orange and black wire in place so he can use the cart engine will not crank with the key in the off position but will continue to crank with key on. So he just has to turn key off if he has to stop for any prolong time. One more thing I found a diode spliced into the orange wire near the solenoid but nothing attached to the other end of the diode just a free end that is why I'm looking for the wiring diagram. Just wondering if the diode is acting as some sort of surge suppressor to protect acc/pedal switch when the power is switched off to solenoid where magnetic field collapse creating a voltage spike back to accel/switch. So for the long post but do any of you think it was just a fluke he got a defective a/p assemble or could anything else cause the a/p assemble switch to fail. Maybe diode?
Thanks
Eric J Poche sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring diagram for 2011 precedent gas

Here is a source I have used for years. $4.95 and download your pdf. Full service manual including wiring. Here is link to year and model you need.

http://club-car.servicemanualvault.c...ce-Manual.html
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:00 PM   #3
Eric J Poche sr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks PingEye3.
I down loaded the manual. The wiring diagram showed me just what I need and verified my thoughts on the diode. It is used to protect a from a voltage spike when the solenoid is de-energized. With out the diode the voltage spike feeds back thru the blue and or the orange wire on the solenoid to the GCOR switch which is now a think a magnetic activated electronic sealed switch. I don't the reason for club car going the this set up gen II from gen I which used micro switches in the pedals which is also sealed but could be repaired with a little effort. My friend called the shop tech and they made good on the GCOR
Thanks again
Old 05-26-2021, 07:49 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Yes, the diode is for spike suppression when the coil de-energizes. The other end should be hooked to the other small post of the coil, or to one of the wires connected to the other post. Its possible the diode failed and was creating a short, and someone cut it to "fix it".
It does need to be there or else you will continue to burn up GCOR switches.
Sometimes the diodes installed at the factory are too low rated and will burn out prematurely. Bumping up to the next size up can help prevent that.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:58 PM   #5
Eric J Poche sr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone for the info. I think it’s crazy the price they want for the pedal assembly. I have been shopping and $205 is the best price I’ve found so far. Any suggestions. The switch should be sold separate.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:33 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Unfortunately it is an assembly, bought a wrecked Precedent for the little princess that had a broken pedal, only option was whole assembly.
I bought an old style Hang 10 foot pedal for $18 and made bracket to mount it.
Any used ones out there?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:12 AM   #7
Eric J Poche sr
Not Yet Wild

Fairtax you said to go up a size on the diode would you have a part # or what rating diode to use. I kind of been searching around for diode.
thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car