lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
tlipe
Not Yet Wild

Default ? for anyone.. reed switch

Hi, new to the forum, great info.
I have a 2002 pds freedom model that I haven't been able to get running. I replaced the controller, solenoid and microswitch in the pedal box. I don't get anything when I try it,no click from the solenoid or anything. I finally figured out that there was no reed switch at all in it. I traced the wire from the 10 pin connection coming from the controller where the reed should be and somebody has this wire going to the positive terminal of the battery closest to the controller box. Is this the correct way to jump the reed switch? I was told you could jump it and still get the cart to run. Thanks for all the answers and any ideas that anyone may have.
tlipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: ? for anyone.. reed switch

Welcome to BGW

There really is no "correct" way of bypassing the reed switch, some methods are just better than others. As long as the end result is still the same.

Here is one way.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...html#post14399

Sounds like more than anything you need a wiring diagram.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
tlipe
Not Yet Wild

So basically running a wire from the positive side of the battery to the connection in the controller will bypass the reed switch? If this does bypass the switch, does anyone have any ideas to look at why this thing isn't running? When I run diagnostics all I get is the 4 beeps for the freedom chip. I was hoping that this wouldn't bypass the switch and I could replace it the correct way and the cart would run. I have checked everything on this thing that I know and I hope I've not fried a new controller
tlipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Yes, as long as they connected to the right positive battery terminal. (should be 36 vdc+) Here is the service manual for that cart. It's 31 megs and you will need a PDF viewer to view it. You need to look over the cart and make sure it is wired properly before trying to troubleshoot any components. Pretty much everything you will need is in the manual....exept a volt/ohm meter. If you don't have one you need to get one. It's a must have tool for any electric cart owner.

http://www.ransomes-jacobsen.biz/spe...%20English.pdf
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum tlipe.................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
pappy42
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Tim, give us an update. We're pulling for you.
Al
pappy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO