lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
PaleRider1966
Not Yet Wild

Default Value of 2003 Club Car Electric

Looked at an extremely clean 2003 CC today. Apparently bought by an individual rather than a golf course. Run very little, sat up a lot. Still has original batteries. Everything clean and new looking and rides and drives pretty much like a new one. Has top, lights, windshield, non-folding rear seat. What's it worth? Thanks
PaleRider1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Value of 2003 Club Car Electric

Welcome to BGW!

Alot of that will depend on what part of the country you are in.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
PaleRider1966
Not Yet Wild

Southeast
Old 07-06-2008, 07:37 AM   #4
BigDaddyRog
Not Yet Wild

Location: Mandeville, LA...bout 30 miles north of New Orleans

I have a 2003....I paid $2025 and felt like it was a fair deal. It was in very good condition, with top and original batteries, no rear seat or winshield, but it DID have aluminum rims and new tires.
BigDaddyRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
PaleRider1966
Not Yet Wild

Thanks BigDaddy. That's the kind of info I was looking for.

BTW, the asking price on the one I looked at was $3200, and he wanted to make me a "deal" at 3K!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #6
BigDaddyRog
Not Yet Wild

Location: Mandeville, LA...bout 30 miles north of New Orleans

I shopped around for a good couple of months on ebay and craigslist.com, and drove from New Orleans to Birmingham to buy mine. Your sellers price is probably about average for most of whats out there.
Heres something you may find interesting, though.....Mine is a 48v and only goes 12-14mph. I dont play golf, the only reason I really bought one(other than cruising around my neighborhood for fun) is because Im friends with a group of folks who camp at Disney Worlds Fort Wilderness Campground...and many of these guys have customized carts and bring them to the campground because Disney charges $53 a day to rent their carts. Unfortunately, I HAVE THE SLOWEST CART OUT OF THE BUNCH!!!! And apparently if I buy a new motor and controller I can get mine upto a max of 24mph....which is still not FAST in comparison to their carts. 2003 Club Cars have RegenII motors. Club Car has basicly 2 different types of carts...Series and Regen(actually, there are 3 types, the Precident is their newest, but that has nothing to do with the cart youre looking at).....the Series carts are much easier to add speed and horsepower to than the Regen. I did not know this when I made the purchase, if I HAD known, I may have kept shopping around to find a Series. The Series are a little older, but have more options for customizing. Im not at all unhappy with my cart...but it can be a little emasculating when your buddies are laughing as they fly past you. Especially when mine is all pimped out visually...looking like it SHOULD haul ***, but blue-haired old ladies are giving me the finger for goin too slow as they pass me in their stock green & tan granny carts!!!! Just food for thought. If you're planning to boost your speed, you may not really want a RegenII Club Car.
Whatever you decide, have fun with it....and good luck finding a good deal....they ARE out there, but ya gotta hunt them out and be ready to buy quickly when you find a good one.
BigDaddyRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #7
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

PaleRider1966............

You said it had Original batteries? That puts them at 5 years old. Average lifespan of golf car batteries is 5 years. So, you would have a cart that needs new batteries in it, the buy price cannot be what a "ready to go cart" with new batteries would sell for.

Run backwards from this deal, you'll be glad you did. Yep, I realize he has been the only owner. Look around and you'll see what I'm talking about.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
PaleRider1966
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. The search goes on!
Old 07-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #9
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I was selling my 2003 CC series cart in the Atlanta area. I went as low as $1800 on my price. Nobody offered to buy so I decided to keep it and make another hunting cart out of it. It has original Trojans, but they hold a charge. It also does not have lights(yet). If you live in the Atlanta area go to Peachtree City on a weekend and check out yard sales there. The whole city is golf cart friendly and you can find some good prices there.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #10
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

I have an 02 DS, and it has some 05 and 06 batteries in it. They hold a charge fairly well, and I GPS'd it at 16mph. I figured that was pretty decent. I talked to a salesman at the dealership, and he said that even if they hook it up to the computer to change the speed setting, that I would only gain about 3mph, so I am just going to leave it alone. Mine is a 48vlt, and I was out running just about all of the carts at the campground this weekend.
My wife is getting into it now after looking at all the cool ones at the campground, so she bought me a carbon fiber colored dash to mount a stereo and speakers!! Next, when we can find a decent set of USED (cheap) wheels, I am gonna get some!!
I just love it when the wifey likes the same kind of toys as I do!!!
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car