lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
sandbarpete
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default removing the motor

Do i have to take the body off to take the motor out.Or can i sneak it out from the opening thanks
sandbarpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: removing the motor

how hard do you want to work? just removed motor from my '97 club car. it would have come out without removing the body, but it would have been a lot harder. the body comes off pretty easy, plus it's a good oportunity to really clean your car up. when i pulled the body off of my cart it was pretty loaded up with a lot of nasties. removing the body will also make it a lot easier to do fab work, and mods if you are putting a different bigger motor in. just lable your stuff, and take lots of photos with your digital camera incase you forget how it goes back together. keep us posted on your progress. post pics. don't get frustated and work angry. take your time and enjoy. what can go wrong?
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
Boris
DELETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarpete View Post
Do i have to take the body off to take the motor out.Or can i sneak it out from the opening thanks
What year? Different models have different engine cradles.........

Heck, I'd just lift the chassis onto a set of jack-stands as high as your comfortable with ......... Using a floor-jack take the pressure off of the engine cradle, remove mounting bolts ..... make sure the throttle cable, gas lines, wires to the starter generator and any other connections that will prevent the engine from lowering ........... ease the engine to the floor (via the floor-jack) then drag it out from underneath.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

yeah, or you could do it that way. on my club car removing the body just seemed easier. especially if you are putting something really different back in. either way easy is usually better. don't be afraid to post pics.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car