lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #1
dlwilson
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default first step in DS conversion to lithium seems easy

I've wanted to convert my 2001 Club Car DS to lithium for a while, but I could never figure out exactly what parts I needed. A couple months ago I finally did a bunch of reading and bought a Chevy Volt 48v battery, a 12S 150A BMS, and a 50.4v 15A charger. The battery and BMS arrived quickly, but the charger had a long lead time, so I put them aside. Today I had some time to work with them, so I emailed the battery charger people to ask for a ship date, and figured I would try out the battery.

The meter showed 47.5V DC, so I disconnected the positive and negative from the Trojans, and hooked them to the Volt battery. When I hit the throttle I got forward and backward movement. I had the Volt battery balanced precariously, so I didn't try driving it.

Next step is to remove the Trojans, and cut a piece of plywood to act as a floor. Add some 1x2 rails to hold the battery using longer allthread.

Then wire the Volt BMS connector to my BMS, and wire in the charger once it arrives. At that point I should be ready to ride. Am I missing anything?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1571705844
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small_firstLithium.jpg (111.3 KB, 0 views)
dlwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car