lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
burchfieldsbuggies
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 Gas CC Sputters Please Help

I am currently working on a 99 CC w/ FE290. The cart will run fine at times and at others it picks up then dies about every 3 seconds. I have been completely into the engine. Replaced rings, all fuel lines, fuel pump, spark plug, oil and filter. I also checked the timing and valves. Cleaned the carb 3 times. And still it sputters. But, not all the time. I'm stumped and my customer is getting a little ticked. Please help.
burchfieldsbuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 99 Gas CC Sputters Please Help

Welcome to BGW

Have you done anything to the ignition besides the spark plug. Sounds electrical to me since you have pretty much singled out everything else.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
leadfoot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

how 'bout the infamous coil/ ignitor assy?
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum burchfieldsbuggies...................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
burchfieldsbuggies
Not Yet Wild

I haven't done much with the ignition. I am leaning that way. But, it doesn't do it just when its hot or cold. Its very sporatic.
burchfieldsbuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i know this may sound stupid but have you checked in the gas tank for trash or water? can,t tell you how many times i have been thur this same thing to find that every once in awhile it was picking something or some water from bottom of tank and than here we go sputter sputter...............if your not sure than take the pickup tube out of the tank and cut 3/4 of an ich or so off of it and see what happens................i did a C.C. and a melex this weekend both for that problem so i cut tube and both carts are running fine............just a thought since all logical stuff has been went over thats when i get into the illogical stuff..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car