lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
backwoodsbuggy247
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed Programmer Trouble

I have a 2006 Club Car DS IQ with the Regen Motor. A few weeks back after having some work done I had my golf cart man do a high speed program that he says would make the cart go between 17 and 19! So after waiting around for the work on my cart to be finished I went and picked it up and drove it home and noticed no gain in speed. My golf cart man said the batteries were not at full charge so I figured that was the problem. I gave it a full charge grabbed my gps out the truck and hit the road. Low and behold it still would not go any faster then 13-14! So I got the GC man on the phone one last time and he told me to turn the run swith to tow leave it there and put it back on tow and that it would reset itself and work. After I did that still nothing! So my question is, would it be the Regen Motor holding it back or anything else? Is there anything I can do to get more speed without spending a ton of cash because the 13-14 mph is too slow for me. Is there anything I can do to get rid of that Regen Motor break because that thing is a buzz kill? Any advise is appericated, Thanks for the Help guys!
backwoodsbuggy247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2010, 06:17 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Speed Programmer Trouble

you might want to wait for another answer on this but on the older reagan motors you can disable them with the cut of a wire as for if its whats holding it back you would think not.........i would think if it can be programmed to go faster that it would also effect when reagan kicks in...............but i,m really not certain on a 2006..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsbuggy247 View Post
I have a 2006 Club Car DS IQ with the Regen Motor. A few weeks back after having some work done I had my golf cart man do a high speed program that he says would make the cart go between 17 and 19! So after waiting around for the work on my cart to be finished I went and picked it up and drove it home and noticed no gain in speed. My golf cart man said the batteries were not at full charge so I figured that was the problem. I gave it a full charge grabbed my gps out the truck and hit the road. Low and behold it still would not go any faster then 13-14! So I got the GC man on the phone one last time and he told me to turn the run swith to tow leave it there and put it back on tow and that it would reset itself and work. After I did that still nothing! So my question is, would it be the Regen Motor holding it back or anything else? Is there anything I can do to get more speed without spending a ton of cash because the 13-14 mph is too slow for me. Is there anything I can do to get rid of that Regen Motor break because that thing is a buzz kill? Any advise is appericated, Thanks for the Help guys!
The IQ's have 4 program positions, three of which are free and the fourth is Private Code #4 which has to be purchased from CC and then installed using a programmer by a CC tech. The usual cost is around $100 and will take the cart to 19.6 mph with stock tires. The regen can be turned off if you want, again by a CC tech with a programmer. Older CC's could have the three wire plug disconnected to stop the regen but the newer carts don't work that way and if disconnected will prevent the cart from going over 8 mph.

Speeds are shown below in the picture attached:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speed settings.jpg (78.9 KB, 25 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

scubabud, thanks much thats why i asked him to wait cause i had no idea if they set up the newer carts different than the older ones as far as the reagan goes...............by the way do you know what year they changed?.............................
Old 06-14-2010, 07:01 AM   #5
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
scubabud, thanks much thats why i asked him to wait cause i had no idea if they set up the newer carts different than the older ones as far as the reagan goes...............by the way do you know what year they changed?.............................
I only know that the IQ's cannot have the sensor wire pulled since it will default the controller to the 8 mph speed. I'd ask or hope TahoeDawg chimes in here since he'd know for sure the year breakdown.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thanks, man i have been up most of the night doing paperwork and got it done about 4 am.........layed down for a bit but couldn,t sleep so i watched som TV but now that i have a ton of running around today ( our beauty salon is closed on monday ) so i spend most of my time running for supplies and such................my accountant had a stress test done a 2 mondays ago and they told him his heart was fine............he had a major heart attack that very afternoon and passed..................WOW so now i have to find another one thats on my to do list...................................
Old 06-14-2010, 07:28 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thanks, man i have been up most of the night doing paperwork and got it done about 4 am.........layed down for a bit but couldn,t sleep so i watched som TV but now that i have a ton of running around today ( our beauty salon is closed on monday ) i feel like could get me some good sleep.....lol.... so i spend most of my time running for supplies and such................my accountant had a stress test done a 2 mondays ago and they told him his heart was fine............he had a major heart attack that very afternoon and passed..................WOW so now i have to find another one thats on my to do list......sorry i double posted again DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH...................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car