lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2022, 09:19 PM   #1
pharmon
Not Yet Wild

Default Anyone else have one of these?

So, my girlfriend has had a 2014 club car precedent for a few years. Of course with my years of Honda experience, I was also expected to be some sort of golf cart expert too. Well, we replaced the batteries in it, and it was fine, until her son decided to beach this thing like a dead whale in the ditch of our driveway. Of course he only managed to break a few parts that are only available as whole kits off the madjax website.

Now, this cart has had more fingers in it than I can count, and by the looks of things, 0 of them were by anyone with ANY electrical experience. But I have this blue brick that was installed under the seat. No information on it, other than it being hot, it hasn't been wired in since she got it, and I have no idea what it is, or how it's supposed to be installed. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220622_221947097_HDR.jpg (192.0 KB, 0 views)
pharmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2022, 10:01 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Anyone else have one of these?

That is a poorly designed voltage reducer intended to take 16Volts (two batteries) down to close to 12V for lights.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 08:29 AM   #3
pharmon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
That is a poorly designed voltage reducer intended to take 16Volts (two batteries) down to close to 12V for lights.
Thank you. I had assumed it was some sort of resistor, but didn't know what for. Her ex husband added a bunch of junk to it to speed it up, so weeding out what was useful, and what was fried, was a fun task. I honestly just stripped it down to stock to start fresh.

Is there a preferred headlight kit in this group, or should I just go with the amazon special?
Old 06-25-2022, 08:47 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I can't suggest a headlight kit but you should get a voltage reducer (48 to 12V if your cart is 48V) to run the lights and accessories. Don't run them off of just two batteries.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 10:30 AM   #5
pharmon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I can't suggest a headlight kit but you should get a voltage reducer (48 to 12V if your cart is 48V) to run the lights and accessories. Don't run them off of just two batteries.
Yeah, My first thought, was "What good is a 12v reducer in a 48v system?"
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car