lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2022, 09:34 AM   #1
HoleIn12
Not Yet Wild

Default What’s this?

Taking a look under their front end this morning of 2022 i20. Just above the passenger front wheel well it looks like a plug was not connected. I have heard people say there are empty plugs all over this thing so wanted to be sure what is is before plugging it in. These look like they go together, but everything seems to work unless it is something I don’t know about. The male end has a purple/pink wire… the female end is red/black.

I can’t tell where the red/white go under the dash… the purple/pink following it goes a bigger wire bundle following passenger side frame and splits… looks like the purple wire goes back towards the middle to a connected plug, but then kinda lose it from there.

Any insights appreciated..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ACD6E0B2-6BEF-4F78-9A5B-924EE66A5960.jpg (195.9 KB, 0 views)
HoleIn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2022, 11:29 AM   #2
derelicte
Gone Wild

Default Re: What’s this?

I would not plug it in! They use those connector all over the cart and there could be 48v on one pin and ground or 12v on the mating pin.

The brake fluid reservoir has an unused level sensor that uses that connector. The one on the left could be that. It is tough to see where it goes.

Did you take this picture from below the car looking up?
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 11:46 AM   #3
HoleIn12
Not Yet Wild

I ended up calling the ICON dealer. Told them exactly what said above. He looked at the wiring diagram for colors and said this is not used for the USA version. It’s actually for the hand brake models.
Old 06-20-2022, 02:36 PM   #4
HoleIn12
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
I would not plug it in! They use those connector all over the cart and there could be 48v on one pin and ground or 12v on the mating pin.

The brake fluid reservoir has an unused level sensor that uses that connector. The one on the left could be that. It is tough to see where it goes.

Did you take this picture from below the car looking up?
Yeah I wasn’t about to plug it in not knowing, especially with everything seemed to be working. I broke out my handy dandy borescope to follow it (best $25 ever spent). The red/white wire goes underneath the brake reservoir and looks like it goes into the tank. Most likely to the inactive sensor you wrote about. I also had my friend come over that also has the same cart. His was not plugged in either. So I feel good about it.. just gonna cover with tape to keep elements out.
Old 06-20-2022, 04:11 PM   #5
derelicte
Gone Wild

If you pull the dash apart you can see where the brake fluid sensor goes. Just pull up on the cup holders. They just snap into place.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:48 PM   #6
HoleIn12
Not Yet Wild

For those who have never seen behind the front bumper and under the display..
Old 06-20-2022, 05:05 PM   #7
HoleIn12
Not Yet Wild

With borescope was able to get a really good pic of the red and black wire going into the reservoir. Can also see the empty plug. Looks like the just glued it in place to the reservoir.

The other two pics are of the controller (behind the cover)… the box holding this controller is located behind the seat under the L shaped black panel.

I figured it is nice to see all this stuff without having to open it up.

Enjoy.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon