lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2022, 04:12 PM   #1
Lambert
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Advice for the new golf cart programmer

Yesterday I read a Facebook post written by a father whose son had bricked dad's golf cart. After the son made a number of parameter edits, the golf cart was dead in the water. The son had made these edits without recording them and had no idea how to go back.

You too can brick your golf cart. Just write a value of 5 to parameter 05.01.02. Your cart won't go anywhere. I'm sure there are a number of other parameter changes that will have the same effect.

When running the IconLive sotware for the first time, the programmer needs to save at least one profile with the UPD (upload) button before making his first parameter change. Then he can always go back to the factory settings if things go wrong. The UPD button saves the current profile in the controller to the computer.

The DWD (downoad) button has two functions. The first is that, if you start the IconLive program, but have made no parameter edits, clicking the DWD button will write a previously saved profile from the computer back to the controller. The second function of the DWD button is that, if you have made a parameter change, the DWD button will instead write that change to the controller.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2022, 06:04 PM   #2
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Default Re: Advice for the new golf cart programmer

I always recommend taking a backup of the parameters first, using the UPD button. Then I also use the SNP button to take screen shots of them as well.

Also Note, you can change the parameters on the fly and do not have to use the DWD button every time you make a change. But if you want these parameters stored in memory, that is what the DWD button is for. If you make changes and do not download them, they will be gone on a cycle of the key.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:23 PM   #3
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

This is good advice and I always recommend noting any changes that are made. In addition to the above stated info there is a button in the top toolbar “SNP” that will save screen shots of the current screen. And yes if you don’t know what the parameters are don’t touch them! There are multiple that sound like they do the same thing. Best bet is if you don’t know don’t mess with it and if you insist atleast try to ask other if they know what the purpose is! While he didn’t “brick the controller” the cart still would not run, he can still connect to the controller and hopefully get the values set back to thier previous state…
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 04:38 PM   #4
mtollin
Gone Wild

Going to revive this old thread. CanUSB finally available again and ordered one for my 2021 Advanced EV 1 (Toyota controller/motor - no Magnetic Brake) I already have the adapter from Amazon sold by someone here.

I downloaded 2 programs (and drivers for Windows 10/11), one says "Tune" the other "Live Tune", Which do I use and when?

Is there a thread or other site for newbie's to help walk us through ALL steps so I don't screw up? I did find one on saving current profile.

I don't plan to get too creative, like the cart except sluggish up hills, particularly if battery below 75% (Trojan Lead Acid). Other than that, want it to reset parameters when I switch to Lithium in a couple of years, in case need to match amp draw or turn off charger "drive away" safety for a new charger.

Thanks
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon