lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2022, 06:33 AM   #1
hondasi4ws
Not Yet Wild

Default 2022 Icon Programing help

I have a 2022 I40, bought the cable, obtained the software and was able to change a few things. Corrested speedometer so it now matches GPS and radar. Adjusted take off to slow it down within the first 30 degrees of pedal movement so we don't crash through the wall in our garage, and turned off the braking on release of pedal so now it rolls freely. Tried to adjust RPM and forward speed with little change I'm at 27 MPH. Can anyone help out with speed adjustment and does anyone know if you can shut off the double hit of the accellerator pedal before moving. My golf friends also want to know if the day time running lights can be programmed off. I don't see anything in the software for lighting and would not think that would be set in the controller. Thanks Everyone.
hondasi4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2022, 09:39 AM   #2
BobInDaytona
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2022 Icon Programing help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasi4ws View Post
I have a 2022 I40, bought the cable, obtained the software and was able to change a few things. Corrested speedometer so it now matches GPS and radar. Adjusted take off to slow it down within the first 30 degrees of pedal movement so we don't crash through the wall in our garage, and turned off the braking on release of pedal so now it rolls freely. Tried to adjust RPM and forward speed with little change I'm at 27 MPH. Can anyone help out with speed adjustment and does anyone know if you can shut off the double hit of the accellerator pedal before moving. My golf friends also want to know if the day time running lights can be programmed off. I don't see anything in the software for lighting and would not think that would be set in the controller. Thanks Everyone.
Try Menu 10 "Gen Current Limit BS n" - There are 6 values - take the number in BS 2 and change the values of BS 3, BS 4, BS 5 to the value of BS 2...
BobInDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 04:31 PM   #3
hondasi4ws
Not Yet Wild

Thanks BobInDaytona. 33MPH
Old 04-26-2022, 05:02 PM   #4
stevet61
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasi4ws View Post
What perimeter you change to correct the speedometer to GPS?
stevet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:14 PM   #5
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevet61 View Post
What perimeter you change to correct the speedometer to GPS?
To improve odometer accuracy
- vehicle setting tab
Meter pulse per round , it’s measured in sec

Change from 4 to 3.5

You may have to fine tune it some but that should get you pretty close.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:36 AM   #6
stevet61
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
To improve odometer accuracy
- vehicle setting tab
Meter pulse per round , it’s measured in sec

Change from 4 to 3.5

You may have to fine tune it some but that should get you pretty close.
Thank you for the info
stevet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:58 AM   #7
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInDaytona View Post
Try Menu 10 "Gen Current Limit BS n" - There are 6 values - take the number in BS 2 and change the values of BS 3, BS 4, BS 5 to the value of BS 2...
Is this to disable the double tap to start?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:30 PM   #8
BobInDaytona
Getting Wild

No - this allows controller to output more power to get up to a higher speed/reach intended max rpm.
BobInDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 01:12 PM   #9
derelicte
Gone Wild

What is the double tap?
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 06:19 AM   #10
hondasi4ws
Not Yet Wild

On my 2022 I40 when you first hit the accelerator pedal it does nothing. You have to release it and hit it a second time and then it goes. My neighbor has a 2021 I40 and his does the same thing.

Tags
2022, icon, programing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon