lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
SooieSauce
Not Yet Wild

Default Carryall2 bigger tires=power loss

I installed a lift and 23" tires on my carryall with fe350 engine. On flat ground/roads it does fine but on steep inclines it has lost a lot of power. I now have to go up some trails so fast now when I hit a bump I sometimes loose cargo. This takes some of the fun out of it. More than once I had to walk back and pick up things.

Does anyone know the stock gear ratio on these carts? Would a clutch from set up and belt from CPP help?

I do not care about top speed just looking for more slow speed power.
SooieSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #2
mikeb33
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Carryall2 bigger tires=power loss

Bigger tires reduce torque and acceleration, but gain top speed. Too get what you want you need to change the gears in the differential.
mikeb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:05 PM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I'd do the clutch upgrades first before going straight to tearing down the rear end for a gear change. The clutch upgrades will shift your power band and may give you the power you need.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

A high speed gear change won't help you get up the hills, if anything it'll make it worse!
If I remember correctly... Carryall 2's have a higher gear ratio than a standard cart,
I think I remember that CA2's had something like a 17:1 ratio, as compared to the 14:1 for a standard cart... (or it could be CA2+)

I'd probably try a severe duty drive belt first, then go on to the driven clutch machining!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:56 PM   #5
SooieSauce
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice.

I realized with the tire change I would loose torque and acceleration. I was mainly needing the clearance and traction.

I first researched a gear change but have not found lower ratio gears for my cart. Does anyone know for sure what ratio a carryall2 has and if anyone makes a lower gear set for this cart?

I think I will start with the clutch upgrade and belt. Even if this doesnt help my situation to a point it is acceptable it for sure will help. One has to start somewhere.
SooieSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car