lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
Sellaput
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Axle or Spindle lift kit?

Hello all,
I am looking to get a lift kit for my 2002 EZ GO TXT. I have been doing some research and I have come to find there are at least 2 options.
One is a Axle lift and the other is a Spindle lift kit. Does anyone have any comments as to which is better and why.

Thank you
Tony
Sellaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Axle or Spindle lift kit?

Well since you asked..... spindle lifts should be reserved for tractors/riding lawn mowers, and certain types of circus vehicles like goofy clown cars.

If your going to do any offroading I would choose a drop axle over the spindle. The wheel on a stick (spindle lift) puts more stresses on steering and suspension components.
The pro to spindles lifts are they're easy to install.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Sellaput
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thank you, that helps.
Sellaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
wish2fish
Gone Wild

what about if you want to go off roading in your goofy clown car?
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:07 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

He asked for comments..... I said what I think, it's only my opinion.
I can and do understand the force that is multiplied by moving the wheel to an iron rod several inches away from its point of origin. This increases the chances of a failure running offroad at speed well beyond a normal golf cart. It's almost certain if something was to happen at higher speeds there would be injury. Anything i can do to help prevent this, I will. Lots of people use spindle lifts an have no problems with them. For me, I know i'd just bend up the spindles or axle weldment along with the tie rods and be lucky not rolling my cart, if I used them. I know the spindles are well made but on the newer style steering the axle weldment is a piece of angle iron, it will bend.
I don't really think the drop axle is that great either but given a choice between the two, i'll pick the drop axle every time.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle spindle lift
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO