lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #1
mtiger10
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Advice for a rookie doing staple on seat covers (front & rear) Precedent?

So, I've just purchased my 2007 CC Precedent and the seat covers have to be replaced. I went with the marine grade vinyl seat covers for the front & rear (4 pieces). I've got a pneumatic stapler and heat gun (harbor freight). I feel fairly confident about removing and replacing the front but I would certainly appreciate any links to pictures or videos of rear seat removal and replacement. I realize this is challenging because it's an aftermarket kit and I have no idea which one for the rear seat kit assembly.
mtiger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Advice for a rookie doing staple on seat covers (front & rear) Precedent?

DO NOT let it itimmidate you. It is easy-peasy no matter whim the manufaturer was.

The seat back has the be accessed from behind the drivers seat. You can usually squeeze your hands back there to remove the bolts. Sometimes you have to take the brackets off that connect them to the front or the roof struts.

Your seat bottom (if a flip down) is accessed from flipping it down and removing 6-8 large Phillip-head screws. They are usually counter sunk.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:26 PM   #3
Countryboyco99
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Advice for a rookie doing staple on seat covers (front & rear) Precedent?

This is a project I will soon be tackling. Any recommendations on where to get them from? i want the front and rear to match so i need a set.
Countryboyco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:59 PM   #4
mtiger10
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just finished installing front/rear set (4 pieces) from a2zgolfsupplies.com and couldn't have been any easier experience. If you're not a fan of diamond stitch then up to par covers would be next choice.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
mtiger10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:10 PM   #5
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

https://www.uptoparcovers.com/ I have used this covers. Good quality marine grade vinyl an easy to install.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:22 PM   #6
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger10 View Post
Just finished installing front/rear set (4 pieces) from a2zgolfsupplies.com and couldn't have been any easier experience. If you're not a fan of diamond stitch then up to par covers would be next choice.
Great Job!! I love the pattern.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:07 AM   #7
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

I second the Up2Par recommendation. Just finished my fourth set this year. Lots of colors to choose from and they have additional special order colors if you don't see what you like. They will also send you small color samples so you can make sure you like the color and match. Be careful with the heat gun. I always put mine in the sun for a while to warm up. You can throw them in the dryer as well just watch the heat setting. That heat gun can burn/melt the vinyl if not careful. Be careful where you lay it down. Once the vinyl is soft and pliable, fit it on the upside down seat. I start at the back and pull nice and tight and get a few solid staples in to secure it. Then I go t the front and pull it really tight then add some staples. I flip it over and check to make sure it looks good, is lined up, and nice and tight. Then I go back to pulling and stapling. Check your work from time to time. Occasionally, I will pull a few staples out if I don't think it is tight enough or I have a wrinkle on a corner. Just take it slow, no rush. Trim off the excess after you are happy with the look. Also, all my covers from Uptopar were marked which seat it was which side was the front of the seat. Here are a couple shots of some of mine (everybody loves pictures). The turquoise was a special color but matched my paint perfectly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201024_141408_resized[6594].jpg (1.96 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg blue 6.jpg (517.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg red 6.jpg (477.0 KB, 0 views)
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:32 AM   #8
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

my uptopar covers still going strong after 4 years
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:10 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am another happy uptopars covers customer:

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #10
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I am another happy uptopars covers customer:

Beautiful Cart!! Glad to see close-up. Have always admired it from your avatar.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car