lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default G29 Drive Stuttering issues

Okay folks. Think my Hitachi motor has bit the dust but thought I would run it past the Yamaha gurus. Voltage is a little low but cart will sometimes take off fine the start stuttering. Has an XCT300 in it and all cables are snug. Cart will come to a stop then won't move. Roll it forward a foot then hit the pedal and sometimes it will take off. Others doesn't move. Roll it again and it takes off. Saw no errors in the monitor and was expecting an open field error but none. Pack voltage will show 47+ and with pedal at 100% it will show motor voltage the same. Beat on the brush cap, hit the pedal and it will sometimes move.

Thinking brushes but..

Monitor file attached

TIA
Attached Files
File Type: zip Monitor.zip (38.1 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2020, 04:23 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Drive Stuttering issues

Bye bye Hitachi! Many places offer them in different colors, I guess 'pick your donught flavor'. But be honest with them
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 06:31 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not sure I understand the doughnut reference but as it is 8 years old do I just replace the motor or just brushes? I guess I need to pull it off and inspect huh

Also I might be able to get a PDS motor for this would that work with the rpm limited?
Old 09-07-2020, 06:41 AM   #4
Half Vast
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I'd be willing to bet it's the Hitachi motor. My G29 was doing the same thing plus I was getting noise under acceleration. The brushes were shot as well as the commutator. I got a replacement motor from Plowmans, a site sponsor.

The doughnut reference from cgtech means you have multiple choices in what to replace it with.
Half Vast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 06:54 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

This one is quiet but is definitely pointing to it. As for the reference that is what I thought but wasn’t going to assume from a highly recognized member. I definitely would not speak for him. He might drive over here and whoop up on me !!

But maybe he could bring me a motor... decisions decisions
Old 10-17-2020, 07:37 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Update. Replaced motor today and learned a few things. Mounting bolts that came out I am pretty sure are metric so would not thread in to the new motor.. At the lake so hardware store is a ways away.. Then it occurred to me I had attempted to pull a motor from my parts Ezgo up here to realize it was stuck on the shaft.. Put it on the todo list and left it.. But there are 3 bolts that would thread in. Put a spline bumper in and some anti seize on the shaft and then had to go enlist some younger help to lift the heavy sucker back in there. Noticed on the decal that the F and A studs were in a different configuration on the new motor so wired accordingly. Fail !! Motor spun backwards in forward.. No biggie. Reversed the wires back to the way they came off and ignored the label. Good to go. Hooked up to the laptop and the laptop battery died. An extension cord later and connected to the Alltrax. Downloaded the new field map, checked the poles and rpm. All good. Took it for a spin and stuttering is gone. Cart is a little zippier but cruses nicely. Mother and sister are happy

What did I learn? Mark the bolt holes with a sharpie cuz they are tough to find lying on your back in the gravel. Make sure you have the hardware you need before going in. I need to start lifting some weights again.

I will say this, only drew blood once when it landed on my hand in the gravel..
Old 10-17-2020, 10:08 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Glad it's going again. And yeah, the "different bolts" thing can be annoying.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha