lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2020, 11:41 PM   #11
brikman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 Yamaha G29 solenoid not clicking

Tried messing with it for a couple more hours and still cant figure anything out, checked every switch, wire connection and fuse I could find all fine. Also tried plugging in charger and it doesn't charge. Reading 50.77V at the batteries and same at selonoid, everything else is all over the place.

brikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2020, 02:04 AM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

1. Post your pictures as attachments or make them smaller..
2. Check for pack voltage at the small red terminal on the solenoid with your negative on B- with the run tow switch on run.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #13
brikman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Voltage bounces around then settles between 11-12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #14
brikman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Here are pics https://photos.app.goo.gl/H2YajLJZQM7ccPWYA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2020, 10:17 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I realize that the attached is an Alltrax diagram but it shows power comes from the battery side of the solenoid then to the run/tow then to the red small wire on the solenoid. If it is not pack voltage between it and pack negative then you have a wire issue or a bad run/tow switch

https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...E-WIRE-DIA.pdf
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:44 PM   #16
brikman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you for the suggestions. I checked and double-checked tow/run switch, even jumpered the connects together and still nothing. This entire issue started with me hunting around for fuses because my headlights stopped working. I pulled a 15amp fuse that was fine then went to turn the cart back on and nothing. After more hunting around I found two more fuses, the same 3 amp and another 15 amp, the small 3 amp was blown so I thought that was it, replaced and still nothing. Not sure how but I must have messed something up fishing around in there. I am out of ideas so off to the shop it goes tomorrow. Anyone have suggestions for repair in the San Diego area?
Old 10-19-2020, 09:15 PM   #17
brikman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So I finally figure it out, thanks in large part to Don at Plowman Carts. https://www.plowmanscarts.com/index.html

We tracked it down after Don explained that the red wire small gauge wire off the pack side of the solenoid goes to run/tow and should show pack voltage, it did at the solenoid but not at the run/tow, stumped me for a bit because it did show continuity from solenoid to run/tow, once I disconnected from solenoid it did not so finally knew it was a break somewhere along that wire. Wire was split above 15AMP fuse, had to pull off a bunch of the plastic shielding to find it, someone had used a butt connector... doh! Soldered and heat shrink and back in business!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha