lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #21
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: rattling noise on my club car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSP View Post
The rattle is probably a rod knock, mine has done it for years now, loudest when no load on the engine, also much louder when hot compaired to cold. The squeek could be trans low on oil, or generater bracket bolt came loose and rubbing on the back side of the drive clutch, seen that one before

I'm out!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #22
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I didnt see that video before, That sounds like the bearing in the clutch!!!

I just learned something, if you find a thread by google search, it starts you out in the middle of the thread and sometimes you dont get to see the first several posts!!!!, sorry fellas i watch that closer :)
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #23
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I don't think you guys saw the *edit* I posted shortly after posting the video. Once I removed the belt, the sound you heard in the video went away. All it was was the idler bearing where the belt sits when the clutch is disengaged.

I have the engine on the bench now and rotating the engine back and forth I can hear a definite clanking coming from inside the motor, putting my ear up against the motor confirms it.

I'm taking the motor to a local guy I know this morning to pop the clutch off for me so I can see what's going on inside the motor.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #24
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

That's one thing difficult about trying to help someone via the internet without a bit more of a detailed explanation,
Because, we're not there to actually hear what your hearing while your riding!

I hope it turns out to be an easy fix for you!

and do me a favor... get that idler bearing replaced while you have the clutch off!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #25
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I'm 99% sure it's now fixed. The crank that was in it must have been worn out, even with the rod bolts tight, the rod moved a little on the crank journal. This is something I kinda-sorta noticed when I originally put the motor together but I didn't think it was going to be an issue.

Put in a different crankshaft and the rod snugged up nice. Got the motor back together and it fired up with no unwanted noises. Haven't put the body back on yet so I haven't driven it, but plan to on Sunday (going to a wedding one state over tomorrow, be back Sunday).

Definitely feeling much better about this build.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:07 AM   #26
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Good deal
Old 10-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #27
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Well the second crankshaft I used seems to be having the same issue. A knock began after 5 minutes of driving WOT. I haven't got the clutch off yet to get inside the motor. But I'll bet the bolts are tight and the rod moves on the crank. I removed the cylinder head and can push down on the piston and feel it "stepping" off the crank. Perhaps the bad first crank damaged the new rod I bought and in turn the wallered-out rod is now working against the second crank. I guess that's what happens when you throw an engine together with used parts.

Live & learn I guess.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #28
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The crank journal gets egg shaped on these engines, when you get the crank out have it mic`ed to check for out of round
Old 10-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #29
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Anyone want to help me figure out the noise that's coming from my cart. 92 cc caryall 1. Heres a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktLPPhbw_EA
Big_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:53 PM   #30
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mac View Post
Anyone want to help me figure out the noise that's coming from my cart. 92 cc caryall 1. Heres a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktLPPhbw_EA

Drain 1/3 of the oil out. Add 1/3 of marvel Mystery oil.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car