lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
97fordman
Getting Wild

Default How long and will it fit

Okay I am new and just got my cart and I have been searching and searching I know I probably just didn't look in the right place. All I am going to use my cart for is cruising the campground the occasional trail ride. Now my problem is it's got to fit in the bed of my truck it is a f-350 short bed now it measures 6.9. I already loaded it in the truck and put the tailgate up half way and was able to haul the camper no problem. Now I'm not familiar with all the different lifts but I thought I read something about a long travel lift not extending the cart in length just raising it in-height. But the price of them for what I'm going to use it for is alot so is there any other lifts out there that might work or does anyone have any pics of a lifted ezgo with 12" wheels in a shot bed truck with the tailgate half way up. Sorry for the long post but it was getting to me so o just had to ask.
Thanks in advance for any advice even if is there is no way it will work
97fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: How long and will it fit

I thought the long travel lifts were for extending the length of the wheelbase, thereby making the cart itself longer. There are other lifts that just make it taller, not longer.

Can you remove the tailgate on the truck? I have a short bed dodge and never tried to put a cart in the back of it but did look into hauling my motorcycle on camping trips. But the bike would not fit in the truck with the tailgate up and with the tailgate down, it would hit the jack on my travel trailer. The only way I could have worked it out would have been to remove the tailgate completely.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:24 AM   #3
97fordman
Getting Wild

Yeah I'm not sure. I thought it widened it not lengthen it. Maybe I can't even get a lift and still get it on my truck i do keep the tailgate on and just wrap the cables up so it holds the tailgate up. By the way I forgot to give you the information on what cart I have it's a 01.5 electric ezgo.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Some LT kits lengthen and widen the stance of the cart, others stay close to factory, it depends on which one you get. Once you add large tires your cart will be longer than stock, you will need to leave your tailgate down, or tow on a trailer behind your RV. My guess there will not be enough room with the tailgate down and stay out of the way of your RV.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It depends on the lift, for example a lot of yamahas they move the arms forward in front or the larger tires will hit the frame behind the tires. So you have maybe 2" added there plus the tire size, however the bumper sticks out nearly that far so it does not add that much.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

If it's similar situation to what I was looking at with my bike, and it sounds like it is, every inch will matter. So, as stated, even larger tires could be a pain to get it to fit in the truck. Most truck tailgates are removable without too much hassle. I would look at removing it when towing the RV and possibly using something to extend the length of the bed, if needed, a few extra inches so the cart isn't trying to come out the back - what a mess that would be.

An F-350 definitely isn't going to have any problems with the extra weight - it's just the length that may be an issue. Thinking out loud here, what if you put some sort of ramps in the front of the bed and drive the cart up on them enough to angle it and maybe give you a few extra inches at the back?

Not sure where you are from but many states don't allow what they call "triple towing". It's actually double towing but what it means is no towing a trailer behind a trailer. In my state, they don't allow it if you are from here but allow you to drive through the state if the state you reside in does allow triple towing (reciprocity). Not an issue for me because my RV is not built to be able to tow anything behind it anyway. We will only carry the cart to a specific campground where we would setup the RV for a month or more and drive back and forth to it until it's time to bring it home. So, we'd take the cart on a trailer behind a separate vehicle and leave it with the RV.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
oddpowers
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You could get an extended hitch to move the rv farther away from the tail gate. Then you could leave it down.

Amazon.com: Hitch Extender 12 inch Tow Hitch Extension: Automotive Amazon.com: Hitch Extender 12 inch Tow Hitch Extension: Automotive
oddpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Not sure that would work for him, since it only handles 330 lbs when you use it, I think most campers will have a 500lb tongue weight.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:56 AM   #9
97fordman
Getting Wild

I have about 3-4 more inches to play with I take the tailgate cables and wrap the around the latches and it holds the tailgate up half way and Igbo lift it that should take the back of the cart up on the air I am looking for actual lengths like from front tire to rear bumper after lift my cart now is 93 inches
Old 09-10-2010, 05:46 AM   #10
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Your cart will be longer, when you add 22" or 23" tires to it, what kind of cart do you have?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts