lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2019, 09:47 AM   #1
AWKW
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Motor help needed.. D&D torque motor dead

Hey everyone

I have a alltrax xct controller and D & D torque motor. All purchased from scootyB
Ive been having intermittent performance issues and last night I had a burning electrical smell and found the source to be the motor.

D&D torque motor - I’ve had it 3-4 years without any issues and was very happy with it. At the campground there is trails in the woods so a lot of people, especially me liked to go play in the mud and muck - so I’m inclined to think that may have let to the failure. But I just moved this summer to a place with a lot of hills so maybe too many rpms? Regen set to high?

Is the motor worth sending to anyone for repair? Should I buy another D&D or perhaps another brand?

When I removed motor it was obvious it was the smell and a lot of fine black dust poured out of it.

Thanks in advance!
AWKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Motor help needed.. D&D torque motor dead

Did you take the end off and look at the brushes? Is there damage to the armature? D&D is good about selling parts if needed. I really like their motors.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 11:34 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

As Luke stated, and even if it has a failure in the armature or somewhere else, I am sure D&D will rebuild it like new for much less than a replacement will cost. It is only 3-4 years old...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

If it's not repairable, take a good look at the FSIP high speed motors and high torque motors. They are both top quality and either will work perfectly with your Alltrax. I've never had an issue with one at all, not even a speed sensor failure.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 01:30 PM   #5
AWKW
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies.
I’ll contact D&D Monday and see what they say. I’m thinking shipping is gonna be high.

Still wonder what caused failure. I thought the cart was going way to fast down hill so i had checked rpm limit in controller and was set to 5250 but still felt like it was unable to control rpms so I upped the regen amps...live and learn!
Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:27 PM   #6
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWKW View Post
Thanks for the replies.
I’ll contact D&D Monday and see what they say. I’m thinking shipping is gonna be high.

Still wonder what caused failure. I thought the cart was going way to fast down hill so i had checked rpm limit in controller and was set to 5250 but still felt like it was unable to control rpms so I upped the regen amps...live and learn!
Thanks again.
While you’re on the phone ask them what a good rpm and regen value(s) would have been. Would help the rest of us shade tree mechanics to better understand.

Sure would be nice if they posted that stuff in their website. I see on their dealer site they talk about liability and how they can help in determining the correct setup.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #7
AWKW
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out2Sea View Post
While you’re on the phone ask them what a good rpm and regen value(s) would have been. Would help the rest of us shade tree mechanics to better understand.

Sure would be nice if they posted that stuff in their website. I see on their dealer site they talk about liability and how they can help in determining the correct setup.
I couldn’t agree more! Their website offers little help. It was a fantastic motor until a couple weeks ago. Too bad really. Hopefully they can rebuild it for a reasonable price.

There is a local electrical motor repair shop that is pretty large I might call them as well.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #8
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWKW View Post
I couldn’t agree more! Their website offers little help. It was a fantastic motor until a couple weeks ago. Too bad really. Hopefully they can rebuild it for a reasonable price.

There is a local electrical motor repair shop that is pretty large I might call them as well.
Chuck at :
http:// *************

might like that D&D, and even surprise you with a nice upgrade or two that you’ll enjoy.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car