lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2019, 06:28 AM   #41
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Nissan Leaf batteries set up.

There have been at least a couple members on here who have reported seeing over 400 amps. Granted, for very short moments and in carts built for hunting and likely aftermarket motors and controllers. Some members have had their packs in for over a year or two.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2019, 07:05 AM   #42
n5yzv
Not Yet Wild

I'm looking at it this way. I needed new batteries and a charger. I also may have issues with my onboard controller regarding charging. It would have cost me a minimum of $1300 to address. With this pack and the charger, I'll spend roughly the same with a few gains:
1. 300 lbs less
2. higher voltage runtime
3. less maintenance
4. i get screw around with a larger lithium setup, which is great, a powerwall is in my future, and I plan to build it.

Thanks to all, and more to come. I may to a thread where I just retrofit the card with a new pack. I'm not doing a complete overhaul, just battery swap.
n5yzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:26 AM   #43
Joelwdryden
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Powerwall for the win!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Joelwdryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:34 AM   #44
sporty2k
Not Yet Wild

I did purchase one of these packs from Tech direct also. Had to add additional wiring direct from battery to Controller and solenoid as the cart would shut down automatically when I put the pedal down and started going uphill. So I only use the BMS for charging now and I added a relay per Sergio on this site to control Low voltage..

It works well on my lifted cart with 23" wheels and plumquick bandit motor. Everything else is stock. However I'm only getting about 23 holes worth of driving before a charge is needed and the way their BMS works it cuts off at 46.8 volts.

So I'm ditching the pack and will rebuild a 14 pack on my own using some of the great examples on this site.
sporty2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:03 AM   #45
sporty2k
Not Yet Wild

A few people have mentioned "getting a proper charger" but after all my searching I'm still confused. Can someone recommend a proper charger for a 14S leaf pack?
sporty2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:47 AM   #46
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I got my charger from Hybrid Auto Center over 3 years ago. It works great - charges at 17 amps which is good for my 14 module Leaf pack. Not sure if they still sell them. You can also get one designed for Ebikes but the one I have is limited to 5 amps charge rate. I got that one from Luna Cycles and it is designed for 14S also.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:37 AM   #47
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty2k View Post
A few people have mentioned "getting a proper charger" but after all my searching I'm still confused. Can someone recommend a proper charger for a 14S leaf pack?
I bought a charger from YZPower, they even custom set the cut off voltage for me. I’ve been inside it and it’s a pretty well put together charger for being a $50 Chinese unit.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:42 AM   #48
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5yzv View Post
I got the pack in. I got the pre-made box with the cheap bms. I've ordered a chargery charger and bms. I'll strip off the pcb and all of the original wiring and start over. I'll take some pics as I wasn't able to find a pic of the insides of this thing. Really, it's pretty simple. My only concern is the amp draw. I've seen on some forums that the 230-300A a golf cart can draw will kill these packs. But here, I see different. So we will see.
300 amps is nothing for these modules, I’ve seen data where they’ve been pushed to a short burst of 10c. I can hit almost 500 amps just taking off unloaded.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #49
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5yzv View Post
I'm looking at it this way. I needed new batteries and a charger. I also may have issues with my onboard controller regarding charging. It would have cost me a minimum of $1300 to address. With this pack and the charger, I'll spend roughly the same with a few gains:

1. 300 lbs less

2. higher voltage runtime

3. less maintenance

4. i get screw around with a larger lithium setup, which is great, a powerwall is in my future, and I plan to build it.

Thanks to all, and more to come. I may to a thread where I just retrofit the card with a new pack. I'm not doing a complete overhaul, just battery swap.
That was my scenario. Obc failed and batteries were 4 yes old. Took the plunge early.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:05 PM   #50
ysrman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I ordered a tc elcon 1800 charger that can communicate over the can bus with the bms i bought. takes a bit of time to get from china as tehy program it to your specs but a good unit
ysrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car