lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
wbyrd01
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax XCT500 install question

I finished up my install today upgrading from 36v to 48v with the Alltrax XCT500 + 400 super solenoid. Everything seems to be working but the cart is really slow. I didn't order one of the function control devices with my initial order, but went ahead and ordered on today. I couldn't find anything in the install instructions regarding what to do with connection C4 so I left it empty. I have the stock connector from the old controller as well as the "freedom chip" that I can put in connection C4 but am unsure if I should.

Can anyone give some advise here? If C4 is supposed to be empty is there anything I should check to see what might be causing the cart to go so slow? Or could it be that it's going slow because C4 is empty?
wbyrd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2019, 03:41 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT500 install question

In your email :
12:40 PM (3 minutes ago)
to Wade

Yes, the controller is programmed to monitor motor rpms. It thinks the speed sensor has failed so it is in safe mode.
Go into the program and uncheck the limit speed box on the opening page until you get a functional speed sensor installed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

ScottyB,

It sounds like he ordered a Personality Switch, not a speed sensor?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:46 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbyrd01 View Post
I finished up my install today upgrading from 36v to 48v with the Alltrax XCT500 + 400 super solenoid. Everything seems to be working but the cart is really slow. I didn't order one of the function control devices with my initial order, but went ahead and ordered on today. I couldn't find anything in the install instructions regarding what to do with connection C4 so I left it empty. I have the stock connector from the old controller as well as the "freedom chip" that I can put in connection C4 but am unsure if I should.

Can anyone give some advise here? If C4 is supposed to be empty is there anything I should check to see what might be causing the cart to go so slow? Or could it be that it's going slow because C4 is empty?
Since C4 is the four pin connector for the cable coming from the pedal box (Pedal switch and ITS sensor wiring) and the cart is moving, I suspect the empty connector is C5, which is for the cable (three wires) that goes to the speed sensor on the motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT-PDS with regen diode -2.jpg (233.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:03 PM   #5
wbyrd01
Not Yet Wild

I ordered the Alltrax FNKS user control for XCT from Scotty's website.

Verified C3 is connected. C4 is empty. I did what Scotty suggested and unchecked the limit speed box and problem solved. Just got it up to 23.5 mph on stock tires.
wbyrd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:11 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbyrd01 View Post
I ordered the Alltrax FNKS user control for XCT from Scotty's website.

Verified C3 is connected. C4 is empty. I did what Scotty suggested and unchecked the limit speed box and problem solved. Just got it up to 23.5 mph on stock tires.
That is just about right... Do not exceed 23 mph up or downhill - Motor damage may occur

Thanks for your help guys - I had a little more info in my email...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO