lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2018, 04:23 PM   #1
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 2Five Motor and Onboard Charger Questions

I am about to convert my stock EZGO 2Five to lithium and have two quick questions.

1. My cart is a 2014 and has not been modified in any way. How many kilowatts is the motor?

2. The onboard charger has a built-in voltage reducer. If I unplug the power source connected to the onboard charger, will the voltage reducer still function properly? If not, can you recommend a good, affordable DC-DC converter?
bernito is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 2Five Motor and Onboard Charger Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernito View Post
I am about to convert my stock EZGO 2Five to lithium and have two quick questions.

1. My cart is a 2014 and has not been modified in any way. How many kilowatts is the motor?

2. The onboard charger has a built-in voltage reducer. If I unplug the power source connected to the onboard charger, will the voltage reducer still function properly? If not, can you recommend a good, affordable DC-DC converter?
I have a 2011 2Five. I am also going lithium with it when I have the time to work on it.

1. The motor is rated for 3.3 KW/4.4 HP, the same as an RXV motor.

2. The 48V to 12V DC-DC converter is built into the onboard Quiq charger. The operation of that DC-DC converter is not related to the AC power input. There is a design flaw in the current carrying capacity of the electrical connectors used for the DC connector. The 12 VDC output of the DC-DC converter can burn out the terminals in the male and female connectors if you add a lot of 12 VDC accessories and run the lights as well. You might be better off using an aftermarket 30 Amp converter.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/12v-reducers.html

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO