lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #11
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What's the best way to clean alum.

Yep one of those loud gas redneck carts ripping through the screen room!!!!!!
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2007, 08:37 AM   #12
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

No No,
Unbelievable results!!! I only spot cleaned using that Eagle etch cleaner and wow What do you think it will do diamond plate. Thanks again. Great advice, that stuff works wonders.
BS
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:45 AM   #13
roady89
nimda
Club Car

If its polished diamond plate it "Might" dull the finish. I tried it on some polished aluminum wheels and just let it sit for about 10 seconds and it didn't hurt any. Might try a test area.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #14
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Good to hear, BRS. Post some pics of the results!

I'm with Roady on the fact that it may dull the finish. Read the bottle and see if it says it's OK or not.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #15
Punisher
Not Yet Wild

Yes I find that Eagle One products are top notch in regards to anything aluminum!
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:31 PM   #16
napalaz
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
The underbelly of my cart needs some shine. It seems very labor intensive to rub it off with a polishing compound. Are there any easier ways to get back some shine and remove stubborn blemishes. Also, any tips for cleaning daimond plate without using my fingers and a rag b/t every little space. Maybe someking of buffing head that can reach all the low spots.
Thanks in advance.

BS

fot the diamond plate use the mothers powerball with the mothers polish u can pick it up at any NAPA store If you are south florida I can tell you the closest store to you and if its in stock
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #17
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Those Power Balls work great to polish just about anything! I used them on the bodies of some carts that had a dull scum on them. Made them look new with some polishing compound.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #18
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: What's the best way to clean alum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
The underbelly of my cart needs some shine. It seems very labor intensive to rub it off with a polishing compound. Are there any easier ways to get back some shine and remove stubborn blemishes. Also, any tips for cleaning daimond plate without using my fingers and a rag b/t every little space. Maybe someking of buffing head that can reach all the low spots.
Thanks in advance.
BS
AIRCRAFT STRIPPER!!!

LOL, JK!!!

I'm using that on my golf cart because it has like 5 layers of **** paint, and so far its been, hmmmmm, 3 days of work.... I'm going insane!!! AHHHH!!! (I will post back with a video of all the work) Also, I will try this "etching" stuff...
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:18 PM   #19
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

please wear a respirator with that aircraft stripper that is real bad stuff but it is the best stuff for stripping paint and it burns real bad when you get it on your skin lol...
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 AM   #20
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: What's the best way to clean alum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpounder View Post
please wear a respirator with that aircraft stripper that is real bad stuff but it is the best stuff for stripping paint and it burns real bad when you get it on your skin lol...
I had two of my friends helping, and one of them went to touch the paint that was lifted by the stripper and my dad was like don't touch that dumba$$, but he did anyway. For the next two days his thumb burned and tingled...!!!
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop