lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2017, 11:29 AM   #11
AZ.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Logical upgrades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
here is some easy reading that explains the how and whats of upgrading these carts. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
thanks!
AZ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2017, 12:36 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Any upgrade questions just email me at scottyb@cartsunlimited.net
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:05 AM   #13
AZ.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
along with what gornoman said.....and knowing how your cart will be used. I would highly recommend to upgrade to a 500 amp controller, 400 amp solenoid, 2 ga. cables (all of them). You didn't say if your cart was a Series drive or a PDS/DCS, but if its a Series drive cart a HD F&R switch.

NOW, if you have a series cart....even with all of these upgrades...won't be any faster, a jump to 48v or high torque or speed motor would be required. HOWEVER, by doing those upgrades allows the cart to use the available power within your batteries.

AND when its time for you to buy your upgrades....I would highly suggest you go to cartsunlimited.net (scottyb he is one of the sponsors on this site) where you can get the best deals in town AND the best customer service there is.
I have been reading that a 500 amp controller wont fit where the existing is, is that correct?.....Where do people put them if they dont fit under the battery/seating space? thanks
Old 08-31-2017, 11:09 AM   #14
swm63
Gone Wild

The 500 Alltrax is no bigger than the 400. It'll fit right where your existing controller is mounted.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:26 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ. View Post
I have been reading that a 500 amp controller wont fit where the existing is, is that correct?.....Where do people put them if they dont fit under the battery/seating space? thanks
It fits. The environmental cover is not used. Toss it out. Alltrax offers a mounting system which is not needed either. The SR48500 and XCT48500 controllers bolt directly to the Ezgo heat sink in the original holes using 4 1/4-20 x 1.25 bolts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 64ce416e-6c6e-4a37-9292-6ffcd62a22ca.jpg (48.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1436.JPG (397.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1434.JPG (383.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:38 AM   #16
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

AZ....you have been ask a couple of times and have not responded as to which drive system you have....is it a Series Drive or a Sepex Drive?

If you have a Series drive you should be looking at a SR48500 (newer type controller that looks like the sepex controller at the bottom ) or the older SPM48500 controller......and it will fit as I have one in my cart.

Under the Seat.jpg

if you have a Sepex drive, you would be looking at a XTC500 controller......and it will fit as well as I just built one for my nephew....actually because of the way its mounted it has MORE room.

CODES.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:50 AM   #17
AZ.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
AZ....you have been ask a couple of times and have not responded as to which drive system you have....is it a Series Drive or a Sepex Drive?

If you have a Series drive you should be looking at a SR48500 (newer type controller that looks like the sepex controller at the bottom ) or the older SPM48500 controller......and it will fit as I have one in my cart.

Attachment 158711

if you have a Sepex drive, you would be looking at a XTC500 controller......and it will fit as well as I just built one for my nephew....actually because of the way its mounted it has MORE room.

Attachment 158713
I am still not sure what I have as the ones pictured look nothing like my setup?.....My F/R switch is a rod that is like 2 feet long, and it goes to something covered....I have yet to take any of that apart to see what it looks like.....sorry about that.....I move very slow, due to an injury....But what a great site with diagrams and helpful people!
Old 08-31-2017, 02:08 PM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ. View Post
I am still not sure what I have as the ones pictured look nothing like my setup?.....My F/R switch is a rod that is like 2 feet long, and it goes to something covered....I have yet to take any of that apart to see what it looks like.....sorry about that.....I move very slow, due to an injury....But what a great site with diagrams and helpful people!
This describes a Series cart, not Sepex.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:24 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Agreed. see flow chart attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo-guide-#2.jpg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-31-2017, 02:31 PM   #20
AZ.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Agreed. see flow chart attached
Yes, those pictures are the ones.....Mine doesnt look like any of it.....Maybe if I take the cover off (where that hard cable attaches)that F/R switch will look like that....

But to lift up the seat and look.....Cant make heads or tails.

Again, thanks for the help, and being so friendly!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO