lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride
Events and Places to ride Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
Meathead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default North Fla cart freindly campgrounds?

I am new to BGW, I like it!!!!

Anyone know of any cart freindly campgrounds in N Fla?

We go to the Spriit of the Swaunee a lot but want to expand my list of places to go.

Thanks, MH
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
chevyrules05
A-DMIN

Club Car

Default Re: North Fla cart freindly campgrounds?

Disney
chevyrules05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
BIG E Z
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Peace River Campground
BIG E Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
southflorida
Getting Wild

Yamaha

meathead there are not so many anymore ! so many rules and regulations . most will allow them but only on paved roads . the 2 before mentioned names are probly the best geared towards being " cart friendly " another one is west gate resort's river ranch . if you look under the event's section there is a carting event that iam helping put together in peace river campgrounds (www.peacerivercampground.com) on presidents day w/e feb. 14/15/16th ....... call ahead for electrical hook up sites !
southflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Boris
DELETED

If anyone cares to come to our end of the world (Gods Country) there's Tates Hell Swamp Reserve up in Carrabelle Florida. Its rustic and there's like more that 150 miles of designated trails on existing forest roads. I haven't been there yet, so I don't actually know just how rustic the place is.

http://www.fl-dof.com/state_forests/tates_hell.html

and then the fee schedule http://www.fl-dof.com/forest_recreation/fees.html#hunt
Finally the trail systems http://www.fl-dof.com/state_forests/thsf_ohv_index.html

The site doesn't say anything about golf carts so they might just think they are ......... well, golf carts, like the ones in retirement villages.
Anyway. I've sent an email off to Charles Bronson, Commissioner of the Florida Division of Forestry and Agriculture Dept. to see what the specifics on that would be, and if our carts even qualify as a OHV or an ATV ..... I'll let all know as soon as they get back with me
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
Boris
DELETED

UPDATE: There's a bill going through the Florida Legislature (as we speak) trying to rewrite a bill that designates all side by side vehicles as an OHV or an ATV, allowing our carts to be driven in OHV/ATV friendly parks and forests.

Currently if the passenger doesn't sit directly behind the driver AND the vehicle has any other steering mechanism besides handlebars they don't see them as a ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) or OHV (Off-Hiway Vehicles).
Right now, You can't ride ANY golf carts legally in parks and forests, because of the ambiguous verbage ....... they don't know what a Golf cart would want to go into the forests where ATV or OHV's go.

The bills are:
Senate ... Bill #798
House of Representatives, Bill #333

If you want to be able to ride in the forests, parks and designated acreage throughout Florida, contact your legislator and tell them to vote yes on these amendments/bills.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:58 AM   #7
tiggntaz
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
UPDATE: There's a bill going through the Florida Legislature (as we speak) trying to rewrite a bill that designates all side by side vehicles as an OHV or an ATV, allowing our carts to be driven in OHV/ATV friendly parks and forests.

Currently if the passenger doesn't sit directly behind the driver AND the vehicle has any other steering mechanism besides handlebars they don't see them as a ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) or OHV (Off-Hiway Vehicles).
Right now, You can't ride ANY golf carts legally in parks and forests, because of the ambiguous verbage ....... they don't know what a Golf cart would want to go into the forests where ATV or OHV's go.

The bills are:
Senate ... Bill #798
House of Representatives, Bill #333

If you want to be able to ride in the forests, parks and designated acreage throughout Florida, contact your legislator and tell them to vote yes on these amendments/bills.

Is there any update to this?

I also have been told that there is a bill in congress that will try to ban gas carts. Good for us sparkes but my next cart I would like to get a big block for off road use.
tiggntaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #8
Boris
DELETED

Actually there is ......... Everything passed as was expected concerning the side by side wording being included into the bill/law. July the 1st I think it is the new law will go into effect.

What they're telling me for sure is: Anything that goes over 20 MPH and doesn't run on batteries is cool ..... and they will eventually be allowed to ride in State owned and designated parks/campgrounds that cater to "them OTHER people" ....... lol, ATV riders

I sent a request for clarification, and As soon as they explain everything a little further and "it's a go or a whoa" I'll post it here ........
Old 03-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #9
THOLLAND911
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

crystal isle in crystal river and elite camping resort in salt springs
THOLLAND911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #10
JMatyas
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Westgate River Ranch. Will be there first weekend in April.
JMatyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride