lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
Verytall1
Not Yet Wild

Default Three wheeler EZGO

Some forums are helpful, some are not. Some run on about this and that and never privide helpful ideas and/or suggestions. Some not. I'm looking for ideas and thoughts from experienced folks.

I cut my EZGO into two halfs at the battery box. I'm going to beef the front portion, add a stem/post and center/cycle type steering and make this a man size stand up and ride unit. Front wheel will be 10x7, center, tyre 205/50-10.
I'm undecided as to use the area between the rear wheels as standing/riding position or, reposition three batteries and stand infront of the second row of batteries and reposition the first set of three to just behind the motor. Initial questions/concerns are:

1. Weight of cart on front bearings seems better distributed with a wheel with NO "offset". I have no data/experience to suport this --- seems to make sense.
a) what do people do/use with three wheeled carts. Is wheel center or offset?
b) if I select a live axel would it be ok to use an offset wheel. Is this wheel/standard golf cart wheel strong enough for application?

2. I've spent time with local cops, DMV and CHP. The plan is to register and get licensed as "cycle". Among other items, cart will need front brakes. Front hub(s) will have hub and disc brakes from mini-chopper parts supplier. Has anyone ever added brakes to the front of a cart? Once again --- seems straight forward. Down tubes will be fabricated once wheel,hubs, brakes assembled.

3. What affect will moving a set of three batteries 24" away from the other batteries have on the operation of the motor, electronics and charging?

Thanks,
Gents and Ladies
mj
Verytall1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides