lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Need pics, front body with Z type lift.

Just needing to get some inspirational photos, I have to fab up something to attach front body to. I have some scrap aluminum and steel to play with for a bracket, but needing some variety of ideas on finishing the area that the bumper used to wrap around. the 6" z lift puts the front attaching points up in mid air. Have to bolt something up off the bumper mounts to reach up 6"
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need pics, front body with Z type lift.

Mine is part of the brush guard that covers that area up. I'll try to get a pic of the front of mine if the weather permits.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

I made a plate out of steel that was the 9"s that covered the front bumper the from the top of the old bumper mounting plate I tapered the new ate outwards to the inside measurement of the cowl. Then back. My nose plate bolts to the original bumper hole and to the top of the shock support tubing. Then I defamed the brush guard to mount to the top if the new face plate. if you pic the plate in your head then find center. On the bottom it's like 9 1/2 inches wide and up 3 1/2 (I think) then that point tapers out to the inner width of the cowling mounting Wich I think was like 12 3/4 wide then a break in the plate to go to the shock tubing. I'll try to post a few pic of mom tomorrow. (cant do it from my phone)
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

looks funny in pic's with the little tires, o well new tires soon !! and the front bumper im going to shortin it up i just threw ti on, it was part of the brush guard before i lifted the cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart6.jpg (63.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg cart4.jpg (56.9 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg lift1.jpg (73.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg cart3.jpg (56.2 KB, 48 views)
Old 02-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the pics, that's a perfect preview of what I'm going to be looking at with mine, little tires and all. Right now it's just a shiny flat plate with an offset bent into it. I'll try to get a pic of what I've got now, it's a bone chilling 11 degrees out there right now. looks like you made your own front Z bracket, is that all you did in the rear is extend the shackles? or did you flip the axle housing. Actually no it looks like you didn't do anything with the shackles just the little tires make it look funny I guess. I really like your enclosure.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

leaf over for the rear. and bock up to right hight. i made the top plate (wich is a copy of the plate that was allready there but it got moved to the bottom because of the brakes. and made the rise out of 1 1/2 x 3 x 1/4 box tube, bolted (for now) with all thread rod because i have not found grade 8 flat top u-bolts long enough yet but when i do i'm going to swap them out. also dropped the front motor cradle 3 inches to help keep motor level
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart1.jpg (48.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg cart2.jpg (61.5 KB, 31 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car