lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2011, 01:36 AM   #21
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1994 DS upgrade: I want some speed, some torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
peter are you sure you have a 36 volt cart? you mention 2 solenoids and that should be a 48 volt reagan cart...............how many water fill holes in batteries and what does end of cord look like that plugs into cart? is it round or a crows foot??? if its round thats a 48 volt cart...........................
the plug is round with 3 male prongs. yeah i think it is a 48 v, the batt labels i couldnt read when i bought the cart, so this is a reagan?
petercook is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2011, 01:44 AM   #22
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
peter are you sure you have a 36 volt cart? you mention 2 solenoids and that should be a 48 volt reagan cart...............how many water fill holes in batteries and what does end of cord look like that plugs into cart? is it round or a crows foot??? if its round thats a 48 volt cart...........................
the plug is round with 3 male prongs. yeah i think it is a 48 v, the batt labels i couldnt read when i bought the cart, so this is a reagan? i guess this a good thing being 48v esc as scotty said.... i just cant read the sticker on the controller to tell which one it is no #'s nuthin...... is this a good cart reagan? one more question how do you charge 8v batt one by one im trying to get these to charge up cuz they set dead for 1yr an there only 2 yrs old supposebly an the charger would not come on
Old 12-31-2011, 08:10 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Use the chart below to determine which drive system you have.

Batteries left in a state of deep discharge for a year usually never come back to hold much of a charge, situation is worse yet if they are low on water... you can try a low amp (2-3) 12v charge on a single 8v... monitor the battery voltage and temp to make sure it does not rise above 11v and 95 degrees. Basically if the side of a battery gets warm to touch ~ stop charging. Never leave this process unattended. Check voltage every 30 minutes.

Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC Regen I or II.JPG (115.5 KB, 11 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:51 AM   #24
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

peter just count the water fill holes 4=48 volt 3=36 volt double check make certain they are all 4 hole batteries.......and theres nothing wrong with a reagan cart they just are a bit more complicated to work on vs the series................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #25
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Batteries left in a state of deep discharge for a year usually never come back to hold much of a charge, situation is worse yet if they are low on water... you can try a low amp (2-3) 12v charge on a single 8v... monitor the battery voltage and temp to make sure it does not rise above 11v and 95 degrees. Basically if the side of a battery gets warm to touch ~ stop charging. Never leave this process unattended. Check voltage every 30 minutes.

Good luck.
mine is the one in the middle w the series 2 silver controller box scotty. the batt were not low on water. i read on here that the charger will not come on if the batt are real low on charge if so then you have to charge them one @ a time to get them back up. how critical is using distilled h2o in batt vs tap h20? boiling it distilles it right? its a 48v cart found sticker on motor its the ds cart style the rocker style f&r switch run tow under seat above f&r an its the big silver box in center of diagram
Old 12-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #26
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

for the price of a gallon of distilled water don,t take chances, any dirt or impurities is what kills batteries..........you can use a 12 volt charger on each one just be careful and do not leave unattended..........1/2 each maximum..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #27
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercook View Post
mine is the one in the middle w the series 2 silver controller box scotty. The batt were not low on water. I read on here that the charger will not come on if the batt are real low on charge if so then you have to charge them one @ a time to get them back up. How critical is using distilled h2o in batt vs tap h20? Boiling it distilles it right? Its a 48v cart found sticker on motor its the ds cart style the rocker style f&r switch run tow under seat above f&r an its the big silver box in center of diagram
do not use tap water!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #28
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Good luck.
scotty on my 99 cc does the run tow switch need to be on what when charging?
Old 01-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No, the TOW switch is for disconnecting the controller power before ANY electrical work is done on the cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #30
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Good luck.
scotty do you know much about the speedylink, looks like a pigtail connector you can make yourself?

Tags
1994, speed increase, speed uprade, torque increase
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car