lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
farleypug
Getting Wild

Default Yamaha G1 Fuse Popping Problem

Hey guys, just thought that I would pick the brain of some yamaha smarties. I have a neighbor who stopped by and is having problems with his yamaha G1 popping the inline minus fuse that comes off of one of the solenoids. As soon as he replaces it and turns the key to go, it blows. I personally have never dealt with an inline fuse on a ground wire before. In my wiring diagram, it shows this wire grounding on the chassis. This doesn't require any sort of a special fuse does it? It looks just like a normal bus fuse. I'm thinking he should just run a new wire on it to the frame. That way it's surely grounded. Thanks for any help everyone!
farleypug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Fuse Popping Problem

The fuse is a standard 10A fuse available at any auto parts store. It acts just like one on the hot (positive) side of a circuit, meaning you have a short circuit there somewhere. Replacing the fuse with one of a higher ampere rating or running a wire to bypass it will give the same results you would expect if you did it on the hot side- you may fry your harness. You need to find and repair your short.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #3
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Mine was popping that fuse when I had a short in my starter/generator. Verify that none of the posts where the wires attach are grounded to the starter housing.
tikicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
farleypug
Getting Wild

Tiki,

Was the short in your starter visible on the wiring coming into the starter, or was it inside the starter and not visible? Did you rebuild or buy a new starter to fix the problem? Thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The posts that the wires mount to had heated up due to extended attempted starting, I took the entire starter apart and used plastic washers to insulate the post from the starter body.
tikicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
farleypug
Getting Wild

Right on! Thanks for the help, we'll see if it works.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha