lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2019, 08:26 AM   #1
95mmrenegade
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for low accurate low MPH speedometer

I need to install a speedometer for pacing liquid fertilizer and grown regulator, does anyone know of a good solution that wont break the bank and is easy to install. 2-3mph is the working range it needs to be accurate and a gps does not seem accurate enough.
95mmrenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Looking for low accurate low MPH speedometer

I’ve always used my phone. It seems fairly accurate but I haven’t tried prolonged low speeds. For iPhone there’s a good app called “Sp33dy.”
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If you are using a sepex drive cart with a speed sensor on the motor, you can use the motor RPM pulses to drive a tachometer and convert motor RPM to MPH, but with a series drive, you're limited to putting magnets on one of the cart's wheels and counting the pulse.

An inexpensive bicycle speedometer probably wouldn't be very accurate in the 2-3 MPH range since one magnet attached to a wheel with an 18" tall tire on it would put out less than 1 pulse per second at 3MPH, however if more magnets were attached to the wheel, the pulse rate would be higher. For example, if 10 magnets were spaced equidistantly on the wheel, the speedometer would be receiving 561 pulses per minute or 9.35 pulses per second, which should produce a stable speed reading. Of course, the indicated speed would have to be divided by 10.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #4
binder49
Gone Wild

I would pick up a GPS unit such as a Garmin. They can be purchased used at a pretty low cost
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO