lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #11
barneyz71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Best way to increase speed on my 2018 Club Car Onward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfbeach@mygrande.net View Post
barney what di you adjust on your onward to increase spped
The throttle cable under the floor, like in the first pic in this thread. Just adjust it so the cable is tighter and you will get your speed. I would say 5 to 10 turns depending on what your looking to get out of it.
barneyz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #12
LeanderClubCarOnward2018
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy T View Post
I just bought my new 2018 Club Car Onward with the 14hp Subaru EFI engine. I'm very excited to start playing with it, but first things first.......I need more speed!

It's a shame that this cart is only set to do 19mph, when there's obviously more speed available!

I'm not a mechanic by any means, but I can certainly follow instructions. I've heard you can adjust the tension in the accelerator cable below the floor panel. There just doesn't seem to be much room on the cable to adjust there.

I've also heard that you can make some sort of adjustment on the engine itself.....possibly adjusting the governor???

I don't want to damage or overheat the motor. I intend to still drive it safely with my kids. I just want more top end speed on long straight stretches

PLEASE....tell me the best way to get this baby up to around 25-30 mph. I welcome your suggestions.

Thank you!
Daddy T. Just got a 2018 Club Car Onward myself. What did you end up doing to your to increase the speed? I'm looking to do the same. Thanks
LeanderClubCarOnward2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #13
fugereb
Not Yet Wild

I have an 2018 onward stock and with a wire tie mod it will hit 33 MPH before the engine rev. limiter kicks in. Working on a tach install.

From what I understand there are two limiters, 1 is RPM and the 2nd is the speed control limiter. At the stock 19 MPH the RPM is not the issue it's the speed control limiter.

Take off your back compartment hatch. In there you will see the throttle cable is has an override with a spring that reverses throttle (stretches the spring) when the mechanical servo out of the differential moves at speed. Thus limiting you to 19 MPH.

Take a wire tie (zip tie) and loop around the spring which in essence makes your throttle cable harder to de-tension. Thus the speed increase as your foot overrides the speed control!
fugereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:17 PM   #14
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Any pictures of this zip tie modification?
william h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:21 PM   #15
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

got mine to 20 with the under the floor adjustment but anything over 20 and its like its cutting out or hitting a rev limiter, any advice?
william h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:48 AM   #16
Dre2019
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyz71 View Post
So i adjusted the cable under the floor as the zip tie on the spring was just not smooth. The under floor adjustment got me the speed I was looking for and it is much smoother when getting on and off the throttle. I set it at 22MPH as I feel that is safe for the engine. I should get a tachometer for it to make sure. Any suggestions on a what tach to get?
How did you do that ?
Dre2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:49 AM   #17
Dre2019
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyz71 View Post
So i adjusted the cable under the floor as the zip tie on the spring was just not smooth. The under floor adjustment got me the speed I was looking for and it is much smoother when getting on and off the throttle. I set it at 22MPH as I feel that is safe for the engine. I should get a tachometer for it to make sure. Any suggestions on a what tach to get?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanderClubCarOnward2018 View Post
Daddy T. Just got a 2018 Club Car Onward myself. What did you end up doing to your to increase the speed? I'm looking to do the same. Thanks
I have a 2019 sure would like to know how to do this
Old 05-17-2019, 07:29 AM   #18
Biggspell
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2019 onward and had the dealer install high speed gear. Top speed is 40mph.
Biggspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:54 PM   #19
Dre2019
Not Yet Wild

Tell me how they did that ?
Old 08-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #20
ddemetz
Not Yet Wild

In my 2018 lifted 4-passenger Club Car Onward, I adjusted the cable and increased the speed from the factory set 20MPH to 23 MPH. I'd love to get it to about 26-28MPH. I know I should consider a tachometer to watch RPMs, etc., but can I do the zip tie trick, too? Should I consider the high speed cable? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Last edited by ddemetz; 08-10-2019 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Pics not posting correctly.
ddemetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
14hp subaru, 2018, club car, onward, speed increase
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car