lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
jimbo123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Angry Club Car Throttle cable

I have a 92 Club Car with a long going electrical problem. Have had it to several repair shops, but no results to solving the problem. I replaced the Coil, Igniter, 2 micto switches and disconnected the RPM Limiter. The engine now runs good, but when I stop the engine sometimes continues to run. sometimes backwards. I have tried to adjust the cable at the Black box Both ways.
Would like to hear any ideas what the problem might be.
jimbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car Throttle cable

This might be unrelated? But the theory is similar. I have a 2000 ezgo workhorse that was doing exactly the same thing and I was advised that the solenoid was sticking closed ... I replaced the solenoid and never had another problem with that
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
jimbo123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is somthing that would be worth checking out. If the selnoid was sticking did this keep the starter engaged all the time?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No. It just makes it impossible to turn the power off to the motor's electrical system.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:44 AM   #5
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

if the motor runs backwards, that means fuel is being introducedthru the system. 99% of the time it is due to a carb issue
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm really curious to see how this one plays out. Keep us posted
Old 03-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
jimbo123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Scottyb... It has been to cold here to check the selnoid out. Warmer temps tomorrow.
This problen started after I replaced the igniter, and Coil. Also removed the ground wire on the RPM Limiter. I checked all parts with an ohm meter and compared readings with new parts. The new coil corrected the no spark problem, but now I have the engine diesels for a short time or runs backwards. When it does this it seems to suck all the gas out of the carb. Takes a while to restart. Trading it off may be the answer!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Check to see if the throttle plate (butterfly) in the carb is closing all the way.
It might be held open by the throttle cable (adjust inside the black plastic box) or the idle stop screw on the side of the carb (unscrew until throttle closes completely).

Check to see if the spark plug stops firing when you let off the pedal,
If it continues to fire check in the black box for the two micro switches stacked on top of each other. the lower micro is the kill switch for the coil. Make sure that is working properly.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #9
jimbo123
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have replaced both micro switches in the black box. Backed off the throttel stop screw. Tried adjusting the cable in the black box both ways. I will check the butterfly closure and the selnoid today, looks like the temp is already up to 37 degrees. Thanks for all the sugestions.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo123 View Post
I have replaced both micro switches in the black box. Backed off the throttel stop screw. Tried adjusting the cable in the black box both ways. I will check the butterfly closure and the selnoid today, looks like the temp is already up to 37 degrees. Thanks for all the sugestions.
Wow! Heat wave!!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car