lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
TxBuggy
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Your Help... Batteries leaking and instalation of battery meter..

Hey guys,

I have been reading your forum quite a bit and have found it extremely useful while rebuilding my 03 PDS cart, the wiring diagrams were awesome... Now that I have been running it for a while, I have some questions...

1. The batteries appear to be leaking as I am finding stains under it on my concrete... I am hoping you guys might be able to help me with this, I have seen it leak a little bit while charging but it is sitting on an incline where I charge it, so I figure that may be the reason is leaks then... But what I am more concerned about is when it is just sitting on level ground not being charged and come back and there are stains under it, from what appears to be leaking... And this is not every time either, it seems to be random... Do the batteries get hot and boil??

2. I have the original (round) battery charge meter that came out of it and I tried to install it to the positive and negative but it did not work.. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks for the input ahead of time..
TxBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need Your Help... Batteries leaking and instalation of battery meter..

short Answer
Yes to 1. As they get hot charging they "Gas Out" and if they are to full, will spill Acid. Also if to full, or on a steep incline, they can "Gas Out" as they get hot. The heat causes the fluid to expand. And if its not level nd or oo full, its gonna overflow Acid.

To #2 there should be 3 connectors. A positive a negative and a Power on.
the positive and the negative go to the Pack batteries at the normal 36 or 48 volts you may be using. The third Terminal would go to the key switch so when the cart is turned on then it powers the Meter. That should also be pack volts. Some one will correct me if I am wrong but in general with the Curtis meters that is the case Others may be different.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
TxBuggy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need Your Help... Batteries leaking and instalation of battery meter..

Thanks for the information... I bought the container to fill the betteries from buggies unlimites and I guess it fills the batteries too much... I would have thought the design with the float in it was designed not to over fill the batteries..

There are only two posts on the charge meter, which only allows two wires... However this could have been the incorrect meter too... I will continue looking into this one... I downloaded the wiring schematic off here late last night and will look into it first chance I get...

Spawn, thanks for the information...
TxBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
jhp1940
Not Yet Wild

I have the same problem (leaking or overflowing). I think I read somewhere you should wait until the batteries finish charging before adding water?? Don't for sure know when for sure.
jhp1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO