lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
alfirtter
Not Yet Wild

Default Primary spring removal on my 1979 G1

Primary spring removal on my 1979 G1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I get the bolt off? There seems to be no way of holding it still? My sheave will not turn when the rest of it does. I am wondering what it could be. I was thinking if I got it apart it would be easy to figure out. Everything runs strong when I step on the gas, but the middle pully does'nt turn with the rest of the pullies??? Help!
alfirtter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Primary spring removal on my 1979 G1

Sounds like something is stripped or broken inside your clutch. The bolt screws into the crankshaft so you must hold the engine to keep it from turning. If you have access to an air impact wrench you can zap it off without holding the engine. If not, remove your sparkplug, put the piston about halfway up the cylinder, and feed some rope or clothesline in through the sparkplug hole. You need enough in there to jam between the piston and cylinder head and keep the engine from turning. Then take a socket and breaker bar and take the bolt out. If there is a sheet metal lock holding the bolt head, knock it back with a chisel or punch first. Note in the pic the lock is flattened out and the bolt is ready for removal. Let us know what you find when you get it apart. Post pix!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4419.jpg (79.6 KB, 13 views)
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
Rosati
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Primary spring removal on my 1979 G1

If you have a set of those thin ratching tie down straps, use the long end by wrapping it around the outer edge of the starter belt pulley. Wrap it fairly tight and put the hook around the frame. Wrap the strap the other direction to tighten.
No impact wrench, air compressor, or broken bolt.
Rosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha